News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for inlovewithjerryherman

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
Member Name: inlovewithjerryherman
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread  May 3 2024, 06:34:31 PM

It's a tight year but I hope Sarah Pidgeon walks away with this Tony award. One of the best performances I've ever seen in my life. 

Also Alaine Alldaffer and Taylor Williams deserve a Tony for their SENSATIONAL casting of this incredible ensemble.

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 20 2024, 12:43:01 AM

I saw the final preview on Thursday night. My experience is in line with all the raves on this board and across these reviews. One of the best theatrical experiences ive ever had in my life. I can count on less than two hands evenings in the theatre that will stay with me for forever and this is unquestionably one of them. 

SUFFS Previews  Apr 4 2024, 12:19:57 PM

Falsettolands said: "There's a lot of problems but I have the guts to say that the general problem can't really be fixed: Taub's writing style trades nuance for simplicity, and at times it's really, reallyeffective (Lucy's Song- totally understand what you all mean about Ally Bonino's performance. She's the real beating heart of Suffs and has a moment that lives up to how much love, humor, and humanity that she brings to the piece) But most of the time it

Next musical revivals in the coming years  Mar 27 2024, 09:13:58 PM

Thelong posters here are going to feel as old as I feel typing this comment...

....I think we all can agree it's time for a Broadway revival of:

RENT, HAIRSPRAY, MAMMA MIA! (let's hope the tour transfers!), BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (same!), THE PRODUCERS (revised for today!), 42ND STREET (there was an incredibly exciting production floating around the midwest that started at Drury Lane and moved to the Ordway that I thought was *SO* exciting)

More "niche" wi

SUFFS Previews  Mar 26 2024, 02:37:09 PM

I *despised* this at the Public; found it to be self-important, bloated, boring...and occasionally confusing. Phillipa Soo was the sole bright spot. The material was extremely didactic in its approach, and riveting drama that does not make. My expectations going in were sky-high given the pedigree of the team and performers involved, and it was so, so, so disappointing. While I'm sure this Broadway production will offer improvements, I can't imagine it changing my

Show That Have Sat Down  Mar 25 2024, 07:19:45 PM

MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET ran in Chicago for over 3,000 performances - seven years! Longer than the Broadway run.

Rumor - A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Broadway Revival 2025  Mar 24 2024, 11:21:38 PM

The way people keep hinting at a major name revival of this happening is nuts. Something MUST be coming.

the names I've heard bantered about are crazy

for the record, Jamie Lee Curtis was never one

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Mar 22 2024, 08:34:56 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "I was surprised how much I liked the Notebook because i expected it to be just plain sappy nonsense, and i was surprised how much i liked W4E bec everyone here told me it was horrible and comically amateur. But the Notebook was certainly more polished and had better performances, score etc. And part of our experience at the theater is who we see it with, so in that regard dramamama and i had opposite experiences, because the sheer joy/weeping/enthusiasm that s

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Mar 8 2024, 04:57:10 PM

Anyone attending tonight (or at all) is in for a real treat. It was absolutely *amazing* at Goodman and I'm sure will only be the same here.

Any chance we'll see Daniel Fish's Oklahoma! again?  Feb 15 2024, 09:43:46 PM

If only. One of my favorite theatre going experiences of the last 20 years.

I believe he is currently developing a production of THE MOST HAPPY FELLA, which i would LOVE to see.

Seth MacFarlane to Broadway?  Feb 1 2024, 12:44:03 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "He would absolutely crush as Sky Masterson in Guys and Dolls."

Omg yes. 

Throw in Lady Gaga as Adelaide, Pedro Pascal as Nathan, and Joy Woods as Sarah and we're off to the races.

Machado, Dacal, and more will lead REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES musical at ART  Jan 15 2024, 05:46:47 PM

Saw this a few weeks ago and found it to be rather winning. There are definitely some bumps to be ironed out, but I could see this being a big hit in New York. To watch these women of size and color empower themselves and celebrate it, no matter how bumpy the journey to get there is at times, is SO heart warming and will win over even the most cynical grump. The score is one of the best I've heard in quite some time, on par (if not better than) Shucked. Lucy Godinez is going to be a big s

Broadway Is A Vanity Project  Dec 1 2023, 08:39:22 PM

James885 said: "Yeah, I think he could've phrased it better but I agree with what he means. The current economics of Broadway have probably never been more challenging. It's tough for shows without star power or big IP to turn a profit. Like Emergarde said, convincing people to spend several hundred dollars on a show they've never heard of without big names is a very tall order.

To that end, it's not surprising that a show like Back To The Future is playing

What happened to this alleged MAME revival?  Nov 28 2023, 01:25:41 PM

Inception said: 
If RuPaul could handle the singing 8 times a week they'd be perfect for today's market.

That's inspired. Jinkx Monsoon would be interesting too.

The Wiz returning to Bway in 2023 after National Tour  Nov 9 2023, 01:02:23 AM

Saw this in Pittsburgh this past weekend, and sad to say that this production is going to be absolutely *crucified* by Broadway critics if it moves in its current state. That said, I still had a great time. The show and score are as infectious as ever, and it has truly never been sung better than by this cast.

The good:

Nichelle Lewis is a real find, and her vocals were insane. She needs to grow into the acting a bit more, but I bet she settles in well before it

Who could replace Josh Groban?  Oct 4 2023, 05:55:35 PM

Also, total grain of salt/this is probably not true/total hearsay, but I've heard they do hope to extend and an offer is out to Jake Gyllenhaal to replace Groban.

This rapper rumor is new to me, very interesting.

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy  Sep 22 2023, 02:35:49 PM

Wow - i HAVE to get out there to see this. Sounds very exciting.

I *LOVED* Jamie Lloyd's EVITA at Regent's Park; the choices here sound similar...a further examination of the themes he dug into with that show; our obsessions with fame & celebrity culture, how pop culture and history clash, and at the end - what it all really boils down to (surprise alert; the answer is nothing - it's shallow and meaningless).

With EVITA it was a fascinating take on how celebrity/

The Who's Tommy @ The Goodman  Jul 12 2023, 11:57:50 PM

Just got home from tonight’s show and it packs a major wallop. What a THRILL. highly recommended. 

Ali Bourzgui is incredible and is destined to be a HUGE star. Adam Jacobs, Alison Luff, and John Ambrosino are well sung and extremely moving (extra special props to Ambrosino given the despicable nature of the role - it’s a great performance). The kids were incredible as well (Ava Doty and Ezekiel Ruiz at my performance).

I’ll be shocked if it doesn’t

Musical Performances on the 2023 Tony Awards  Jun 13 2023, 12:51:27 AM

1. Sweeney Todd - exciting and the staging translated to the camera exceptionally well.

2. Some Like It Hot - don’t reinvent the wheel, give us a clean, quality, Broadway performance baby! Exceptional.

3. A Beautiful Noise - again, don’t reinvent the wheel. I know they didn’t have as much time as the nominated shows and it’s tough to cram a whole “this is about Neil Diamond going to therapy” into two minutes, so let’s just rock o

R&H Oklahoma Revival Tour  Apr 6 2023, 08:38:15 PM

OKLAHOMA! is my favorite musical and Daniel Fish's production was one of my top three favorites.

What I think is so beautiful about the material is that it truly does speak, every single day, to the idealization, the joys, and the fallacies of the American Dream. It is quintessentially American and always and forever will reflect the American attitude of the time. 

Daniel Fish gave us the literal America we live in right now. I can understand how many would walk

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You