News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Millie42

Millie42 Profile Photo
Member Name: Millie42
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Inherit the Wind rush?  Mar 6 2007, 08:04:18 PM
The info I've found said that on-stage seating would be available starting 3/4 at the box office or through telecharge, and it's not showing up on telecharge so I assumed those were sold out.
I wish I would have decided to do this a couple days ago!

re: Inherit the Wind rush?  Mar 6 2007, 07:48:48 PM
I was thinking about taking advantage of the long Easter weekend.

I've actually never seen a straight play on Bway before, and I am sure this would be a good one... I just wish it wasn't a matter of price!

re: Inherit the Wind rush?  Mar 6 2007, 02:45:11 PM
The problem is I am going before Opening night, and at the moment there is no rush/SRO policy in place.
What a tough decision.

re: Inherit the Wind rush?  Mar 6 2007, 11:51:35 AM
Just 1.
Popular weekend, I guess.

re: Inherit the Wind rush?  Mar 6 2007, 11:24:32 AM
I was afraid someone would say that. There aren't any available for when I'm coming to the city. I am going to have to figure out if I am willing to spend around $60. I desperately want to see Christopher Plummer in anything I can, though!

Thank you.

Inherit the Wind rush?  Mar 6 2007, 11:13:04 AM
Does anyone know if there is a rush policy for Inherit the Wind? I just realized there are no cheap seats on Fridays and Saturdays!

Thanks!

re: Jonathan Larson Tribute Setlist (Review Forthcoming?)  Oct 26 2006, 08:15:41 PM
Late to post, I know.

Thanks for the article, Liz.
I have to agree with everyone... It was a wonderful night. I was beaming for hours afterwards.

I liked all of the Larson award winners, but I ADORED the last man. That song had me in tears.

Liz, that is so wonderful that you saw them afterwards! I would have hung around but my friend was a good sport and came because she knew how much of a Renthead I am, so I decided to supress my Broadway fangirl side and head

re: Basic Plot of 'Assassins'  Jun 13 2006, 08:21:04 PM
Well, it's more than that. And Booth does have the biggest role of the assassins.

The assassins interact with each other in a limbo state (obviously, as they are from different time periods). Breaking up their conversations is each individual assassin's story in which you learn of their motives and how the attempt went down.
There is a Balladeer that sort of cheerfully narrates the tales. Booth has his own segment and then sort of acts as a constant presence pushing the others to

re: IT COULD HAVE SAVED THE FILM!!! (Rent Alternate Ending)  Mar 3 2006, 10:54:55 AM
It's probably been said (I don't have time to read through all 6 pages), but the alternate ending is a cute little thing for all the Rentheads familiar with the stage version, but otherwise, it doesn't make much sense--- it takes you out of the moment because there is no reason these characters (including a dead one) should be singing on a stage.
re: Drew Lachey  Jan 11 2006, 06:04:44 PM
Eek. I try and keep the memory of Drew as Mark as far in the back of my mind as possible. He had the emotion of someone reading poorly off a cue card. And the nasal quality of singing killed me.
re: Spielberg interested in remaking Mary Poppins for big screen  Dec 29 2005, 09:15:06 PM
Well, this strikes me as incredibly stupid.

I don't know a soul who can out-do Julie Andrews or Dick Van Dyke. Move on, Spielberg.

re: Christian Groups View on the movie Rent  Dec 6 2005, 11:16:35 PM
The whole review that is taken from was posted a couple weeks ago.
re: Fredi's on....  Nov 30 2005, 08:00:37 PM
I am never around for the good stuff...

Good evening, Fredi!
I would certainly love to stay and chat but I have got to leave for Borders otherwise I will get NO work done.

Have a fun night, though, guys!

re: Cooper and Rudd Join Julia Roberts in Three Days of Rain; Begins at Jac  Nov 29 2005, 10:34:33 PM
I am so glad they finally confirmed this.

I don't care what it takes! If Bradley Cooper is there, so shall I be.

Extremist Christian Analysis of American Culture on RENT  Nov 28 2005, 11:38:02 PM
(To bring this slightly back on-topic) After looking at the ratings of some other movies, RENT held up better than one would think.
13 Going on 30 was given a 42, while RENT has a 32.

It's interesting the things they will pick out.
One of the point deductions on 13 Going on 30 was "Teenager hates self."

There were MANY movies with much lower ratings.

re: If The Sound Of Music was remade, Julie Andrews would cast...  Nov 28 2005, 10:32:21 PM
I am going to hope this was a momentary lapse of insansity...or that she is so clever this suggestion is a subtle way of saying there is no point in EVER trying to remake it because Julie cannot be replaced and it would be a joke.
Extremist Christian Analysis of American Culture on RENT  Nov 28 2005, 10:27:31 PM
Well, I have got to give it to this site for helping me procrastinate tonight.

If you want a little more amusement, check out the Harry Potter review, or as they refer to him "Harry Potter thief of minds and hearts -- and maybe souls of they who do not recognize it for what it is."

Some of the Goblet of Fire's violations:
-impossible events such as a frigate surfacing from under water
-stained glass window character crying
-plants alive, repeatedly
-long sequenc

An actual question for Anthony! Amazing!  Nov 28 2005, 08:35:04 PM
I swear Tracie must be one of my long-lost best friends... she is so adorable and cracks me up! I love that woman!
Extremist Christian Analysis of American Culture on RENT  Nov 28 2005, 08:09:19 PM
"...daughter of Mother Earth"

That's my best guess.... but quite a stretch.

Extremist Christian Analysis of American Culture on RENT  Nov 28 2005, 07:54:15 PM
CM, that's a beautiful thought. Why can't we just do that for each other in the first place?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You