News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BwayBaby18

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
Member Name: BwayBaby18
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO  Apr 13 2022, 12:21:45 AM

https://nypost.com/2022/04/12/the-crowd-goes-wild-for-pamela-anderson-in-chicago-on-broadway/

Perfectly captures her performance and the joyous night that was had by all! Can’t wait to go back!

Frozen on Broadway - Where did they go wrong?  May 16 2020, 01:09:08 AM

I agree with all of those that have cited the lack of magic leading to its mediocrity. The thing that I really found it to be missing was heart. This could be due to the fact that it was rushed. I still think Anna's 11 o'clock number was totally misguided. You have this magical snowman that is the link of happy times between these two estranged sisters and you don't let them impart the lesson. They have one of the greatest lines in the movie "some people are worth melting for

Anything Goes!  Aug 30 2019, 12:17:55 AM
“Tonight at Eight" from She Loves Me
Tonys Weekend Dilemma!  Apr 29 2019, 12:10:08 AM

The Cher Show and Gary.

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 25 2018, 10:51:03 PM

bwaybrent said: "Is that whole concept of Star Cher playing a fairy godmother to Babe still happen in the beginning of the show? It felt clunky the few times I saw it in Chicago."

I believe Cher-y Fairy Godmother was cut 2 weeks ago. It was there at final dress but it was gone a week later. I'm assuming it hasn't come back?

Costumes and Playbills  Aug 14 2018, 10:41:44 PM

You could also try reaching out to the tdf costume collection. They are an excellent resource for giving the clothes a second life.

https://www.tdf.org/nyc/30/TDF-Costume-Collection?gclid=CjwKCAjw-8nbBRBnEiwAqWt1zUBraGhRMIba4nS-fznZuJMKOgT4hb_HrVKrxJH9OSHC-sXuMLZ3nhoCiv0QAvD_BwE

Carousel Principals' Attendance  Jun 27 2018, 10:24:25 AM

Does anyone know if Jessie has a scheduled vacation anytime soon? Thanks!

Rant about the 2018 TONY nominations here  May 2 2018, 02:44:35 PM
I wish Kate Rockwell would have gotten the nod over Ashley Park. Park is fine in the show, I don't think her material is the greatest. But damn does Rockwell shine.
MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews  Mar 19 2018, 07:50:43 PM

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "For those of you who saw Ambrose and are familiar with Martine McCutcheon on the London revival cast recording, how do they compare? Just from the recording,I thought McCutcheon gave a pretty weak performance vocally both in power and in character,but apparently she gave an amazing performance on stage...when she bothered to show up and was feeling it that performance."

When I got home from LC I threw on the McCutcheon recording

MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews  Mar 16 2018, 04:46:52 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "So excited to hear that Act I ends with Eliza descending the staircase and the two of themleaving. Indeed, that marks a gorgeous dramatic climax.

I can't imagine moving the ball to the first act, especially for this production. My friend said Act I last night already ran a little over anhour and 45 minutes...
"

Not to burst your bubble but she doesn't descend a staircase. She comes out of the multipurpose room.  

MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews  Mar 15 2018, 11:14:07 PM

Sher was absolutely correct when he said she is the hardest working actress in NY. She works so hard at trying to be Eliza. 

Diana Rigg and the Cecil Beaton knock offs are glorious.

WANTED: TODAY $20 HARRY POTTER TICKETS  Mar 10 2018, 11:25:31 AM

Isn't it only 300ish people getting tickets? 300 people getting 2 tickets is 600 tickets for each part with a total of 1200 seats being sold today. 

My Fair Lady  Oct 28 2017, 09:37:34 AM

FYI: I am not a member and I just bought tickets. Seeing it April 28th!

The Bodyguard at Papermill  Dec 3 2016, 06:49:04 PM

I was there as well this afternoon and it feels like something very serious happened. In the orchestra you could hear the commotion backstage and some yelled out to call 911 just seconds before the announcement was made that the show would be holding.

An usher had confirmed that someone backstage had been hurt and that their first aid squad was responding. There seems to be conflicting reports over whether it was a crew member or an actor.

I was luckily already in line at t

Ugliest broadway posters  Jan 3 2015, 05:00:41 PM
Some truly awful "art work"
Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread  Nov 11 2014, 01:48:57 PM
I'll be there Wednesday!
New Artwork for ON THE 20TH CENUTRY  Sep 11 2014, 12:05:16 AM
Christie Brinkley looks enchanting in this new ad...
BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS Coming to Broadway; Rob Ashford to Direct!  Aug 8 2014, 02:01:48 AM
Jarethan, did you not read what I wrote? I just plugged a name. It looked empty with only one.

Could Dolly have a role?  Aug 7 2014, 11:06:45 PM
Yes she is too young... I get it, but isn't Ashford all about young sexy casts? And Matt Morrison was just a name and a hunk to plug in...
Aladdin Costumes Snub??  May 1 2014, 09:32:21 AM
And it helps when the ugly costumes of a not very good show are nominated because, oh let's just say, you are the head of the American Theatre Wing.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You