pixeltracker

Anti Bush Jab in "Wicked"?- Page 2

Anti Bush Jab in "Wicked"?

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
#25re: Anti Bush Jab in 'Wicked'?
Posted: 11/30/05 at 11:45pm

Well... I wouldn't qualify Bush as "popular" either...

*shrugs* The good thing about slightly vague political references is that they never become dated. They can keep being re-applied to the next group of political officials... unlike references such as DRS' "the Bushes of Tex" comment in "All About Ruprecht". Eventually, without Bush in office, that line will lose its kick.

*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

Updated On: 11/30/05 at 11:45 PM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#26re: Anti Bush Jab in 'Wicked'?
Posted: 12/1/05 at 12:19am

I always assumed the "regime change" line was referencing Bush (in a not so subtle way).

The great communicator line always made me think of Ronald Reagan, because he was referred to as the Great Communicator. However, it very easily can be applied to politicians in general.

The references in Wicked don't date themselves nearly as much as lines in Avenue Q ("For Now", which I suppose is very easily changed) and Scoundrels ("The Bushes of Tex..."). 30 years from now, when they revive Scoundrels, that line won't get the laugh it gets now.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#27re: Anti Bush Jab in 'Wicked'?
Posted: 12/1/05 at 1:36am

I don't know, it might get a bigger laugh in 30 years, after he goes down in history as the biggest joke of all time.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

ajayspak2 Profile Photo
ajayspak2
#28re: Anti Bush Jab in 'Wicked'?
Posted: 12/1/05 at 4:45am

Oh use the word "retarded" as much as you want, im on the left in politics and honestly what makes me vomit is liberal guilt, which is where PC stems from especially White Liberal Guilt.

zzannahk Profile Photo
zzannahk
#29re: Anti Bush Jab in 'Wicked'?
Posted: 12/1/05 at 6:15am

considering the Wizard of Oz is extremely political thsi would make sense

we learned about it in my history class

the wizard is the president, big head, no power
http://www.djacobs.org/oz/

Danielm
#30re: Anti Bush Jab in 'Wicked'?
Posted: 12/1/05 at 1:47pm

"Oh use the word "retarded" as much as you want, im on the left in politics and honestly what makes me vomit is liberal guilt, which is where PC stems from especially White Liberal Guilt."

Aren't you considerate. It's so nice that everyone now has permission to use the word "retarded" because you're on the left and don't feel any guilt. There's a difference to being PC (which I admit to being on occasion) and being considerate of the feelings of others. But since we have your permission let the epithets flow.

Yes, we do need a third vampire musical.--Little Sally, Gypsy of the Year 2005.
Updated On: 12/1/05 at 01:47 PM

Videos