pixeltracker

How does it work meeting actors?- Page 2

How does it work meeting actors?

tagiunagi
#25re: How does it work meeting actors?
Posted: 12/9/05 at 11:04pm

This Kevin character yelled when I asked John Lithgow to pose in my picture (note: not me and John, just John). So instead, I got a picture of John looking down at a playbill someone dropped. Thanks Kevin. Thanks a lot.

Question: Will Esparza win for The Homecoming? BobbyBubby: I hope so. If only for the mental health of many people on this board.

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#26re: How does it work meeting actors?
Posted: 12/9/05 at 11:08pm

Did you ask John? Most performers like to be asked before they take photos. There seems to be some Imperial policy for this. Norbert explained it one time that he wasn't allowed to take pics with anyone. He still does anyway if Kevin is not there lol.

tagiunagi
#27re: How does it work meeting actors?
Posted: 12/9/05 at 11:11pm

What kind of policy, only belonging to the Imperial since the Tony wins (cuz I've taken photos with the cast soon after it opened but my flash wasn't on so that pictures didn't develop), doesn't allow actors to pose with admiring fans?

Question: Will Esparza win for The Homecoming? BobbyBubby: I hope so. If only for the mental health of many people on this board.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#28re: How does it work meeting actors?
Posted: 12/10/05 at 1:31am

The "policy" started I think in like the last week in June, or at least that's the first I've heard of it. But like others have said, it's not a definite-set in stone policy.

I've been there where no one asked for pics b/c they listened to Kevin, when they did ask Norbert or Sherie who politely said no re: the policy and I've actually seen everyone pose at one time or another. One time sticks out that I felt pretty bad, there was this girl at the door dying to meet Sherie and then was told not to ask for pictures so she respected it and didn't but was a little upset...so she left but then on the other side of the barrier they asked Sherie to take pictures and she did...and Mamie was there, actually she told me half the story and we tried calling for her but she was gone already.

And then there are just times where you get a bit surprised. Lithgow is very sweet to the fans he will sign everything for everyone, chat, ask ppl if they enjoyed the show have ppl photo him but I've just never seen him pose w/ anyone for pictures. So I decided one day that I had pics w/ the rest of the cast, maybe I'd casually get near him and then get a picture so it's semi-with him. When we held the camera up, John looked at me and said oh you want a picture? And we took it...and he took another, it wasn't a crowded stage door. That was a nice surprise...course he was half-in the picture, go figure.

So from what I've seen this is entirely inferred I don't know for sure...my guess is the "policy" was instated to simply deter ppl from asking for pics, but not to never take them. Greg Jbara will take a picture with anyone who asks, and even asks them to send it to his website. Sara...a lot of time she walks by and no one recognizes her but I've never seen her turn down a picture request, I think I've seen her take a couple. Sherie and Norbert can go either way, I think w/ them it depends on the size of the crowd and ya know how tired they might be. So i think the point is the hope that less ppl will ask for pictures and if they are understandably incredibly tired they can say oh the policy we can't take pics, etc.

So I definitely say ask, I guarantee they and not even Kevin will bite your head off for asking, worse comes to worse they say no. I'd also say your chances are increased if there's hardly anyone at the stage door w/ you, since it goes if they w/ one person they take w/ everyone so if it's only 1 or 2 ppl they probably wouldn't have a problem.

And on a quick other note...there may have been once or twice when I've seen a bway performer rush out and only sign a couple of things but I usually get the feeling they have somewhere to be...I've rarely seen it where someone doesn't sign everything, even if they are in rushes they'll sign very quickly but will be sure to ask did I sign everything or did anyone else want anything signed before rushing out.

Good luck!

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli
Updated On: 12/10/05 at 01:31 AM

circusliz Profile Photo
circusliz
#29re: How does it work meeting actors?
Posted: 12/10/05 at 12:39pm

Just to let you know...waiting forever for a star to come out can really pay off.

My first Broadway show was "Ragtime" and I fell in love with Brian Stokes Mitchell. After the show my dad and I went to wait at the stage door. I got Marin Mazzie, Peter Friedman, and a few other pretty quickly. But Stokes didn't come out. We waited for OVER AN HOUR, and it was well worth it. It turned out that the governor of NJ (Christie Todd Whitman at that time) had seen the show and was visiting with him backstage. About five minutes after she leaves, Stokes came out!

The benefit of waiting for so long? There were only about 6 people still waiting. So I not only got an autograph, but a pretty good conversation as well!

So my advice is...just be patient! Sometimes the actors have other things they need to take care of. But waiting can pay off in the end!

On the road of life, do not pause for suicidal chipmunks who freeze in your headlights, seeking death by your tires...

Videos