Frenchie Davis?

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#25re: Frenchie Davis?
Posted: 12/12/05 at 1:50pm

I would like to see her as Joanne. I've been rooting for her since American Idol. I was so upset when she was kicked off. I saw her as the soloist about 2 1/2 years ago, I remember her being very good.

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#26re: Frenchie Davis?
Posted: 12/12/05 at 2:16pm

I saw Rent and she was suppose to be the SOL soloist but she was out. So i saw her understudy, Crystal Monee Hall. My friend has seen rent 4 times before seeing it with me and she was disappointed when she saw that Frenchie was not there. At intermission, she said that Crystal was THE best she has ever heard as the soloist, better than Frenchie. so, I don;t know. I thought Crystal did an incredible job and it would be hard to top what I heard.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

lovepuppy
#27re: Frenchie Davis?
Posted: 12/12/05 at 3:25pm

>>
I just didn't understand how she could say that when better vocalists than her have been voted off. If she had remained on AI and she had displayed that kind of arrogance she would have been voted off for sure.

Well, we all know there are PLENTY of arrogant celebrities, to a greater or smaller degree, who are jerks and are much more famous than Frenchie, so I suppose it isn't really fair to judge her based on something you read, as it's hard to translate unless the author adds some descriptive words to describe her comments, vs. judging her upon meeting her. And we all know this, too: if she's enough of a celeb to warrant her own thread, she's already made it and seems to have nowhere to go but up...dudn't she! :)

"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." "I dare say you haven't had the practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." --Alice in Wonderland

Videos