News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheQuibbler

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
Member Name: TheQuibbler
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

JOB Previews
 Jul 21 2024, 10:32:15 AM

TotallyEffed said: "

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
Am I the only one who think he’s not guilty? I thought that downtown and having seen it on Broadway I feel even strongerabout it. In order for him to be the man she is accusing him of being, him being her therapist would be a one in a six billion chance. It’s way too unreal
Music Man 2000 Revival Cast Recording
 Jul 11 2024, 11:00:22 PM

I don’t have an answer to the question but this is why I’ve started going back to physical media. It’s becoming very hard to rely on digital platforms. 

TERF - Joshua Kaplan-penned play about JK Rowling to premiere at Edinburgh Fringe
 Jul 11 2024, 10:13:24 AM

KevinKlawitter said: "Not to derail the conversation any further, but this has less to do with anything pro-trans people are doing and more to do with the fact that two of the most vocal anti-trans bigots are billionaires who the media loves."

Agree with that. I also can’t help but think that the rise in anti-trans bigotry and platforms are a direct result of the trans community making enormous strides in visibility and support. The community wouldn’

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Jun 22 2024, 08:30:10 PM

justherehanging said: "She was also out on June 15, the night before the Tony’s

an email went out that said she would be out for both performances that Saturday, it’s just disappointing. They put so much hype on it. They charged so much for the performance

disappointment how they’re handling things
"

I mean, how else should they be handling it? They emailed you so you could make a decision before heading to the theater. Tha

SWEPT AWAY transferring to Broadway this fall
 Jun 20 2024, 11:29:23 AM

Every time I see this title I think it’s an adaptation of 2002’s infamous Guy Ritchie/Madonna bomb Swept Away

Spring awakening is cooked
 Jun 19 2024, 04:28:53 PM

Broadway Flash said: "What these states are doing do not reflect the will of the people…"

It may not reflect the will of the people, but it’s successfully being done anyway and showing up as law. 

I’d say a show about people being held hostage by those in charge withholding information and forcing their points of view is very relevant. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 19 2024, 08:12:14 AM

inception said: "Was the footage shown on screen during big wins of production teams off stage all waving to the camera also pre-recorded?"

No, they lined up all the co-producers when it was time for the category and then shuffled the winners onto a platform. Jackson McHenry of Vulture took this video:

https://x.com/McHenryJD/status/1802688234217972074

This past weekend of understudies
 Jun 18 2024, 10:09:14 AM

WldKingdomHM said: "But then again we got Audra tap dancing while being pregant ….and still not missing shows over and over"

I’m not sure this is the standard to which we should be holding pregnant women. 

This past weekend of understudies
 Jun 17 2024, 01:51:42 PM

I feel like this isn’t uncommon for Tony week, right? Off the top of my head I remember Ben Platt, Josh Groban (Great Comet), Sara Ramirez in Spamalot. I’m sure it’s a tough time on the body and voice. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 11:26:32 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: “last year, we cut the fat, ie the desperate attempts at humor, and the silly bits and dance spectacles, and just had people give out hardware and honor shows. it worked brilliantly."

But was there an excessive amount of bits, dances and attempts at humor? I agree that this show was poorly produced but I didn’t find there to be a ton of extra junk.

Mostly my disappointment was with how badly the presentation of shows came off. Poo

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 08:44:04 PM

I think the Tonys are always plagued with sound problems. It’s a real issue for a show whose main draw is musical performances. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 07:50:07 PM

JSquared2 said: "How does one apply for the position of Billy Porter's phone holder?

What a***he is.

"

It’s not unusual to hand an assistant your phone, especially when you may be wearing an outfit that doesn’t appear for its easy concealment. It’s a shame his speech wasn’t in the teleprompter like it should have been. 

NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
 Jun 5 2024, 05:31:41 PM

Phantom4ever said: "Yes I am as shocked as you guys are that they want to come to New York despite all of this negative news coverage they consume.

Perhaps I mis-spoke. They're not going to lose their minds at the sight of a homeless person but they will if they have to see a homeless guy pleasuring himself or a homeless guy spitting in their 9 year old daughter's face. Stuff like that is what they don't want to see and WHAT I WAS TRYING TO ASK before people to

FORBIDDEN BROADWAY Coming to Broadway This Summer?
 May 30 2024, 10:55:51 AM

Looks like it’s found an Off-Broadway home:

From Playbill

“The Broadway engagement of Gerard Alessandrini’s Forbidden Broadway may have been postponed, but the latest edition of the musical parody, Forbidden Broadway: Merrily We Stole A Song, has found a home Off-Broadway.

Previews will begin August 23 at Theater 555 prior to an official opening September 12.”

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 27 2024, 08:30:18 PM

For me, it was probably Roundabout's The Cherry Orchard from some years back (with Diane Lane, innocent). Just a full nothing of a production: no direction, no coherence, several very good actors completely adrift. I'd rather something be bad in an ambitious or interesting way than a complete and utter bore. Truly the most unexciting night of theatre I think I've had on Broadway. 

How is Jinkx Monsoon as Audrey.
 May 25 2024, 10:39:38 AM

CurtainsUpat8 said: "Who cares if you are offended? I agree. This casting is ridiculous. I am a Gay man, and I don't need to see drag queens outside of a bar show. Love their shows in bars."

Guess Hairspray is out for you. And La Cage aux Folles, and Kinky Boots, and Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and Rocky Horror, and...

Back to the Future Lottery 5/18/24 8pm
 May 17 2024, 12:48:53 PM

For future reference, I did this once with Some Like It Hot and, before I purchased, I called Telecharge and they were able to sell me just one. 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 May 15 2024, 01:47:48 PM

I think it looks great. Ive sort of accepted now that this is just what Hollywood movies look like; I appreciate that it’s not too garish like Godzilla x Kong or something. Honestly, I think the allusions to Harry Potter are probably intentional. 

I’m excited to see what the expanded running time can do as I’ve always felt the book of Wicked to be its weakest element, especially Act II; I’m sure I’m not alone there

Dame Judi : Trigger Warnings
 May 15 2024, 01:23:53 PM

It’s not like these warnings are actually giving away “spoilers.” No warning says, “caution: Cornwall gouges out Gloucester’s eyes in Act III.” It would warn about violent content, as MPAA ratings have been doing for decades as another poster mentioned. 

They let people know what kind of content there is so they can make an informed decision. My wife lost a family member to suicide and she always appreciates a warning, whether to make a dec

Scott Rudin returns:
 May 14 2024, 07:15:27 PM

FLarnhill said: "So many self-righteous people here who can't learn to separate the art from the artists and love to make others pay for their mistakes for their entire lives.

I hope you're all happy.
"

Scott Rudin has an estimated net worth of $250 million. He'll be fine if he never works again. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You