pixeltracker

Report from London: SUNDAY IN THE PARK- Page 2

Report from London: SUNDAY IN THE PARK

LostLeander
#25re: Report from London: SUNDAY IN THE PARK
Posted: 7/13/06 at 12:30pm

What's wrong with Ruthie?
I actually think she'd make a great Dot.
It'd be a challenge for her, but I think Bernadette was equally challenged when she got the role.

Not to mention her Everybody Loves Louis would be to DIE for.

I don't think Audra's voice would fit into this particular production. All the voices are a bit rougher than the OBC. She would've fit into the original production well.
I mean, the woman's voice IS Angel dust.

Personally, I think I have too much bloom.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#26re: Report from London: SUNDAY IN THE PARK
Posted: 7/13/06 at 12:35pm

I hope it crosses the pond, the cast recording is great.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

kissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
#27re: Report from London: SUNDAY IN THE PARK
Posted: 7/13/06 at 2:01pm

Wonderful review, MB!

Hoping that Roundabout does get the rights to import this, though Studio 54 would be a more intimate space for it than AA Theatre...

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#28re: Report from London: SUNDAY IN THE PARK
Posted: 7/13/06 at 2:23pm

Ruthie just looks too old for this production, unless they cast an actor much older than Daniel Evans, who despite his receding hairline is only 29, and reads as being even younger. And he is the correct age for Georges, who died young and was only 27 when he started work on the La Grande Jatte painting.

Russell is in her mid thirties but looks considerably younger. She has that flawless, translucent skin that renders her kind of ageless. A similarity to Bernadette Peters, I suppose.

Updated On: 7/13/06 at 02:23 PM

BobbyRobbyBobbyBaby
#29re: Report from London: SUNDAY IN THE PARK
Posted: 7/13/06 at 4:38pm

If they bring Daniel, Jenna & Gay over I would be satisfied, although the entire cast intact would be a dream. I think the most important aspect of the set that makes this production work extremely well is that the side walls and floor slope and recede into the back wall, forcing the perspective and really draws you into the piece. When Daniel comes out to the front of the stage and says "White...a blank page or canvas...", he is larger than life!

I'd also like to point out that the London recording is more complete than the OBC. The dialogue included is simply brilliant along with 'The One on the Left' which I love hearing. Not to mention how lush and clear the recording is.

I cannot wait for the OBC to be remastered though.

Something is stirring, Shifting ground... It's just begun. Edges are blurring All around, And yesterday is done.
Updated On: 7/13/06 at 04:38 PM

Videos