News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WickedGeek28

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
Member Name: WickedGeek28
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: My name is Brian and I am a huge Broadway fan. I live in New York and I'm a student. I'm an English Education major and a huge reader. Feel free to PM or email me. :)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Gypsy marquee  Jan 27 2008, 03:42:40 PM
The font and size are fine to me, however blue is a cold color and the show has such fiery and passionate characters, therefore a rich old fashioned-like curtain red would have been better.

The City Center logo was great.

re: Sex at the Palace  Jan 26 2008, 04:54:10 PM
Someone who saw Spring Awakening told me that when they went to use the men's room, a middle aged man in the stall next to them masturbating. Clearly some men just can't handle teenagers losing their virginities and singing about it.
I was bored tp tears  Jan 26 2008, 04:41:07 PM
Thanks for posting the reviews!

Sunday is one of my favorite scores and overall shows, I can't wait to see the revival!

re: SA cd?  Jan 26 2008, 04:26:32 PM
If you have an early hard-copy of the CD, there is also a misprint in regards to the cast list.
re: Mario Lopez in A CHORUS LINE?  Jan 20 2008, 01:52:16 PM
I actually think he could work as Zach, though they may keep Zach offstage to keep the teenagers away from him. :)
re: BYU 'Defying Gravity' Clip  Jan 13 2008, 03:04:44 PM
That was a wonderful clip, thanks for sharing.

The staging was great, loved how the witch's shadow looked.

re: Legally Blonde's Original Investment  Jan 10 2008, 01:37:16 PM
In cases such as this with a big musical, the producers usually make a formal press announcement.

re: Is He Dead? 1/8/07  Jan 10 2008, 11:02:59 AM
I saw the show yesterday afternoon from the front row and had a wonderful time! This show reminded me that when a farce is meticulously well directed, performed, rehearsed, staged, lit, etc, any audience member can have a wonderful time.

The play itself was a joy to watch and the performers' brilliance only added to that joy.

This show has the potential to hang around, however the location of the Lyceum always is an issue.

re: TLM OBCR Picture Disk?  Jan 5 2008, 11:42:02 PM
That's ridiculous.

In today's era of iPods, who even looks at the CD anyway?

re: Caroline, Or Change OBCR  Jan 3 2008, 06:30:18 PM
The show is practically an opera, there is very little dialogue. Listening to the complete recording is a very fulfilling experience, bits and pieces won't do the show justice at all.
re: Wicked sold out for four years straght. Any other show able to do this?  Oct 27 2007, 11:27:41 AM
"I doubt Jersey Boys will stay completely sold out once the original boys leave."

About 95% of JB's nightly audience has no clue who they are watching on stage, even after the entire performance. They are going for the Four Seasons and will continue to go long after the guys leave. The same thoughts were around when Chenoweth and eventually Menzel left Wicked.

re: Lea Michelle's poor foot  Oct 24 2007, 12:43:43 PM
Ironic that there is a video on the homepage starring her understudy.

Best wishes for a fast recovery.

re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...  Oct 13 2007, 02:28:58 PM
I'm shocked they didn't dub her final note.
re: Where to buy in Manhattan?  Aug 28 2007, 08:32:25 PM
Don't go to colony - it's overpriced entirely.

Go to Virgin Megastore in Times Square for music - they have everything.

re: St James Upper Balcony  Aug 26 2007, 08:58:03 AM
I sat Rear Balcony for The Producers and the seats were fine, but there are mannnny stairs to climb to get up there.
re: BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07  Aug 25 2007, 04:43:01 PM
I'll definately be in attendance for the market, as will C is for Company.
re: BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07  Aug 25 2007, 04:43:00 PM
I'll definately be in attendance for the market, as will C is for Company.
re: Annaleigh and Block or Michele?  Aug 25 2007, 11:26:20 AM
It would be unwise for Lea to leave SA at its peak to be the 6th or so replacement. I personally think it'll be Block through January and Michele will take over then.
re: Backstage at shows  Aug 21 2007, 12:58:25 PM
Your friends grandmother, female, is Idina's uncle, male.

Wow - I guess Menzel DOES have magical powers.

re: Playbill Broadway Yearbook question  Aug 16 2007, 06:41:40 PM
The Yearbook is becoming an annual "back to school" gift from me, to me.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You