pixeltracker

me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie....what do u think?- Page 2

me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie....what do u think?

neddyfrank2
#25re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/1/06 at 10:23pm

I think it is creepy to a lot more people than just me...

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#26re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/1/06 at 11:26pm

neddyfrank2, define "creepy".

OK, I'll define it for you:

"Creepy" is anything different than the norm, and therefore it must have a negative connotation, because as we all know, anything different is bad. Correct?

broadwayman, you look as though you were a kick-ass Mrs. Meers. Brava.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

neddyfrank2
#27re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/1/06 at 11:27pm

By creepy I mean wierd

broadwayman
#28re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/1/06 at 11:29pm

wanna be a foster: THANK YOU!! it was a lot of fun and the person who did my make-up derserves a LOT OF CREDIT.. this is my favorite show and my dream role... and so i was sooo picky and she did an awesome job... and i appreciate the compliment!!!!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#29re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/1/06 at 11:29pm

The terms are interchangable.

If you're looking for company in the use of words like "creepy" and "weird" to describe a man dressed in drag then you're on the wrong message board.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

broadwayman
#30re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/1/06 at 11:31pm

and besides... its not as if i just woke up and was like..." Im gonna dress up as mrs. meers today..." i was cast in the role... which can be played by a man or a woman... and thats that

allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
#31re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/1/06 at 11:31pm

Getting past the intolerance, I hope you enjoyed the role and that the audience enjoyed you. What the hell else matters?

And BTW, that takes real guts.

Good on you.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699

broadwayman
#32re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/1/06 at 11:32pm

thank you!! i did have a great time... and i think the audience did like it..and i can tell u one thing... Jason Alexander was in the audience and he loved it!

safran Profile Photo
safran
#33re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/1/06 at 11:39pm

You do look like you did a very good job as Mrs. Meers.

But in regards to: "and besides... its not as if i just woke up and was like..." Im gonna dress up as mrs. meers today..." i was cast in the role... which can be played by a man or a woman... and thats that"

That makes it seem (to me) as if you auditioned and were by surprise cast as Mrs. Meers and you did the honorable thing and accepted the challenge. In actuality, I believe you said that you did some figurative arm-twisting (my words) to get that part? No.

Nonetheless, it looks like you pulled it off well.

broadwayman
#34re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/1/06 at 11:47pm

ummm kind of.... i had been talking to the director at my camp for a while... and he knew i was obsessed with the show and it was my dream role... and honestly i REALLY didnt think he was gonna do it... but then he called me back for it and thats how i got it.. so yes i really was VERY surprised when i did get it..

neddyfrank2
#35re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/1/06 at 11:50pm

I am not intolerante to people dressing up as drag at all.

Just like I find haunted houses creepy, I find a boy dressed up as an asian hotel manager who is a white slave trader....creepy

Liza May
#36re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/2/06 at 9:46am

Thats BRILLIANT! So funny. Good for you. You look fabulous and I bet you were hilarious in the part.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#37re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/2/06 at 12:57pm

Very Nice! Very cool color!

SoulMadeOfSong
#38re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/2/06 at 2:37pm

For some reason, I saw this, and im like - I don't know if hes on this board, but 10 bucks this is you.

I would have paid to see many things druing this production.

A- Your face when you saw the cast list at 6am or so
B- Ron's Face. Period. During everything from callbacks to first run through.
C- The SHOW. I WANTED to see this SHOW. Who needs college? Being an AD was like Frenchwoods University!

~Steph

broadwayman
#39re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/2/06 at 5:19pm

thanks for all the feedback.. i appreciate...

joanntom
#40re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/2/06 at 10:34pm

and your post is titled thoughts about you as mrs meers.. i think those were given.. :)

broadwayman
#41re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/2/06 at 10:37pm

well... i guess i didnt exactly mean what do u think of a guy playing the role... but i am enjoying the feedback

Kringas
#42re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/2/06 at 10:39pm

I am not intolerante to people dressing up as drag at all.

On behalf of the English language, ouch.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

Julian2
#43re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 10/2/06 at 10:51pm

Hmm, looks like someone [meaning me] has a new dream role . . .

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

Josh Freilich
#44re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 2/25/07 at 7:38pm

All I can say is I'm glad that there is a lot of French Woods people on this thread, and how I found you I had NO CLUE!!!!!

How is everyone?

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#45re: me as mrs. meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Posted: 2/25/07 at 7:41pm

I LOVE the idea of Meers as a man. I think it is great and only adds to the role.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

Videos