Philly Bee

snowie862 Profile Photo
snowie862
#25Pittsburgh Bee - re: Philly Bee
Posted: 10/18/06 at 7:17pm

Nice!

The volunteers they picked weren't wearing bright colours...

snowie862 Profile Photo
snowie862
#26Pittsburgh Bee - re: Philly Bee
Posted: 10/19/06 at 11:12pm

Did anyone go tonight?

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#27Pittsburgh Bee - re: Philly Bee
Posted: 10/20/06 at 10:53pm

My review of Friday (10/20)'s Show...

Well...just arrive back from the Bee and it was FABULOUS. I could not say anything but amazing things about this cast. All were so great and brought the great charm they have on Broadway. Definatley it is sooo great. I was very worried about the show in a big house and it SO works. The set is bigger and things have been re-staged and it all looks amazing. Now onto the cast:

Katie Boren (Marcy Park)- I was first worried because she is not Debroah S. Craig...but this girl holds her own throughout the whole show and does a FANTASTIC job durring her bick number. Major props.

Miguel Cervantes (Chip Tolentino)- So extremly funny from start to finish...and he has an amazing set of pipes. The kid can sing, and his Jesus entrance was so great. You could tell had a fun.

Alan H. Green (Mitch Mahoney)- The audience ate him up. They loved everything he did. I loved watching him and seeing what he did in his own world. He also has some stellar pipes and belt the hell out of "The I Love You Song."

James Kall (Douglas Panch)- Great part for what he had to work with. It is a very minimal part, but he did great.

Eric Petersen (William Barfee)- AMAZING. The kid was hillarious and nailed everything he was supposed to do. I laughed very hard and also he had a great voice. I could def. see him taking over on bway.

Jennifer Simard (Rona Lisa Peretti)- WOW! We all know she is talented from "SVU.." but this show really shows her off. A little differnt take from Lisa Howard, nonetheless I loved her. I can see her to also taking over on Bway. She also can sing soo well...very differnt from Glinda.

Sarah Stiles (Logainne Schwartzandgrubenierre)- One of my favorit characyers in the show. She was so hysterical and added some many great things to the show. Loved every minute she was on stage.

Lauren Worsham (Olive Ostrovosky)- She was adorable. She is no Celia...but she is very close. So cute and could act and sing very very well!!

Michael Zahler (Leaf Conneybear)- Loved him. Very differnt than the bway guys who have played him. But he was adorable and so so so great in the role.

I loved how they intergrated Philadelphia into the show (i.e. Septa, Terrell Owens, and such)...the show was great and def. see the tour when it hits a city near you!!!

p.s. the woman (I guess Jodie Moore) who conducted was HOT! Just a heads up...

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/
Updated On: 10/20/06 at 10:53 PM

SweetQintheLights
#28Pittsburgh Bee - re: Philly Bee
Posted: 10/21/06 at 3:13pm

My parents and their friends are going to tonights show! My parents friend, Art, would be great in it so I'm hoping he'll be picked as one of the contestants.

So, everyone, look out for Art K. (don't wanna say his full last name, lol)

Pittsburgh Bee - re: Philly Bee

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#29Pittsburgh Bee - re: Philly Bee
Posted: 10/21/06 at 11:05pm

I went tonight!!! It was amazing!

SweetQintheLights
#30Pittsburgh Bee - re: Philly Bee
Posted: 10/21/06 at 11:10pm

My parent's friend wasn't in it and my parents give horrible reviews.

Can you give us a bit of one? Pittsburgh Bee - re: Philly Bee

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#31Pittsburgh Bee - re: Philly Bee
Posted: 10/21/06 at 11:28pm

There isn't really much to say theatredude hasn't already covered. The stage is much bigger, but it still works. I agree with him about the cast, but I wasn't really fond of Lauren until The I Love You Song. She definitley had the best version of that I've ever seen. I had a great time and wish I could go again tomorrow, but I can't Pittsburgh Bee - re: Philly Bee The had some of the funniest jokes about the spellers I've ever heard tonight though! The sound was a little quiet at first, but it got louder. Eric was definitley my favorite Barfee, and Michael did a great Leaf, really similar to Barrett's.

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#32Pittsburgh Bee - re: Philly Bee
Posted: 10/22/06 at 12:20am

I saw the matinee today, and it was absolutely fantaaastic. I agree with everything theatredude said. The show did not disappoint whatsoever. I actually saw Miguel standing out in the lobby when I went out to the bathroom in the middle of the show. It made me quite cute.

Michael Zahler definetely was a big highlight for me. He was absolutely hilarious and wonderful.

Katie Boren kind of had a Mrs. Kim from Gilmore Girls when she talked..thing going on, and it was absolutely hilarious. I loved them all.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#33Pittsburgh Bee - re: Philly Bee
Posted: 10/22/06 at 12:48am

i am sure kelly and peter would agree with theaterdude also....almostxfamous.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#34Pittsburgh Bee - re: Philly Bee
Posted: 10/22/06 at 12:51am

i'm pretty sure they would, theaterdude. i miss them.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#35Pittsburgh Bee - re: Philly Bee
Posted: 10/22/06 at 1:19am

I am going tomorrow, yay!!!

snowie862 Profile Photo
snowie862
#36Philly Bee
Posted: 10/22/06 at 3:08pm

Lauren is my favourite Olive!

qwerty2
#37Philly Bee
Posted: 10/22/06 at 4:43pm

saw the show this afternoon.

G-E-H-A-D and I-N-T-O-L-E-R-N-T and C-A-T-T-E-R-J-U-N-E...

the last one is a little forgivable. But Gehad?!

Bwayfan4
#38Philly Bee
Posted: 10/22/06 at 5:51pm

FYI...I'm pretty sure that's not how you spell "GEHAD". (I believe it's Jihad...)

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#39Philly Bee
Posted: 10/22/06 at 6:47pm

That's how the person spelled it in the show. Bad audience spellers, loved the sentences about them though, as well as some new sentences for regular words too.

qwerty2
#40Philly Bee
Posted: 10/22/06 at 10:14pm

FYI...I'm pretty sure that's not how you spell "GEHAD". (I believe it's Jihad...)

It's not how you spell Intolerant either... read the whole post before commenting next time.

Videos