News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

MACY Parade Broadway Offerings: BORING!- Page 2

MACY Parade Broadway Offerings: BORING!

bwayondabrain
#25re: MACY Parade Broadway Offerings: BORING!
Posted: 11/8/06 at 8:26pm

oh, they lipsynch the songs?
well, i have been out of it
:P

im excited for THE COLOR PURPLE, and A CHORUS LINE performances
sadly, ill be in a car when the parade is on TV...

#26re: MACY Parade Broadway Offerings: BORING!
Posted: 11/8/06 at 8:31pm

Booooo! Why so few? And no Drowsy? Am I wrong or did, like, almost every new show for a season perform in past years? Maybe I'm crazy.

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#27re: MACY Parade Broadway Offerings: BORING!
Posted: 11/8/06 at 11:13pm

I thought DROWSY would perform. I thought TWS would as well, but it seems pointless now.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#28re: MACY Parade Broadway Offerings: BORING!
Posted: 11/8/06 at 11:20pm

I'm looking forward to ACL and The Grinch, providing Patrick Page is there. I loves me some Patrick Page! And I'm REALLY looking forward to Julie Andrews and Johnny T!

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

Sondheim Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim Geek
#29re: MACY Parade Broadway Offerings: BORING!
Posted: 11/9/06 at 12:24am

You expected Grey Gardens at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade?

Let me rephrase that; you expected CULTURE (that was not popular) at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade?

Well, I always watch it because I’m bored on Thanksgiving, but I never tune in to see the fantastic Broadway shows. They’re going to perform what will get the audience dancing along to Mamma Mia, not what’s going to be critically acclaimed on Broadway that year.

Not surprised at these… basically the ‘three M’s’ (Marketing Machine Musicals) are all performing.

SondheimGeek: Is it slightly pathetic that you guys get to be Jedi bitches, and I'm Bitchy the Hutt?
LizzieCurry: No, you're more memorable

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#30re: MACY Parade Broadway Offerings: BORING!
Posted: 11/11/06 at 8:30pm

No Dolly, I'm a little older than that. Good guess though.

Videos