News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for singtopher

singtopher Profile Photo
Member Name: singtopher
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tonys Host and Performances  Apr 5 2023, 08:54:18 PM

Jinkx Monsoon

Oddest things you've heard from non theatre people  Jul 14 2018, 06:18:54 PM

Picture it, Summer, 2009.  West Side Story was at the Palace.  I was working in ticket sales. 

Ticket Buyer: Is Liza Minnelli still playing in West Side Story?

Me: Um.....no.  I don't believe she's ever been in that show, at least on Broadway. 

TB: No, no,  she was in West Side Story.  I read it in the Times 

Me: Well, maybe at one point she was in a past production, but can assure you she's not in

Grease Live! Official Thread  Jan 31 2016, 08:31:01 PM

The New frenchie song was a low point. 

Hamilton in the Blizzard  Jan 23 2016, 12:06:35 AM

At the Lottery this evening they announced that Lotto and Standing room will NOT be available tomorrow.

Sydney Lucas Tony Buzz  Jun 1 2015, 07:26:52 AM

Whatever happens Sunday, I'd be willing to bet good money Sydney will be playing Mary in the upcoming Secret Garden concert next Winter.  

Something Rotten Previews  Mar 22 2015, 05:10:51 PM
Regarding discounts, they were running a special via Facebook last week for $35 rear Mezzanine tickets through April 21. There were quite a few seats left, particularly the further out you went. Thankfully I bought mine yesterday for the 17th. Not sure it would have been so easy if I had waited until the word of mouth had spread a little. Sounds like this is a real gem.

I adored DROWSY more than I can say, so these pre-previews-reviews are exciting.

Disney blankets the industry with WOODS screeners in the last 48 hours.  Dec 17 2014, 12:17:05 AM
As a self-identified fan of this musical, I thought the movie did a great job. While I find the full musical more effective, I fully recommend this adaptation.
Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Nov 23 2014, 11:04:44 AM
Regarding the audition, AEA rules stipulate that any production contract (i.e. Broadway) must hold open auditions every 6 months regardless of whether or not there is a need to fill spots in the production.
pre-theatre dining  Nov 17 2014, 06:48:07 PM
Also near Gentleman's Guide is Mont Blanc (Formerly Luxia). Sit at the bar for cheap drinks and some good European food. Not touristy at all, and has a great old NY vibe.
Need $50? Like to  Nov 6 2014, 09:47:02 PM
I thought I had seen something here about CL, but couldn't find it. Opps, sorry folks.
Need $50? Like to "boo"?  Nov 6 2014, 09:35:12 PM
I don't post here often much anymore, and I swear, this is not me.

The question remains, whodunnit?

--

"I'm interested in hiring someone to go to a show of a terrible composer and simply yell things like "flat" or "spoken like a true douche" or something along those lines for as long as possible during the show. This gig offers $50 basically to go and be promptly asked to leave after leaving your mark. Please respond to email."

--

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/tlg/4748293996.html
--

Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder for children?  Mar 27 2014, 10:15:25 PM
The title of this thread made me giggle without the proper punctuation of the musical's title.
Good restaurant near Phantom  Oct 29 2013, 09:58:03 PM
How large is the group?

If Thai suits your fancy, Qi on 8th between 42nd and 43rd is fantastic.

Am I the only one excited about Merrily?????  Oct 21 2013, 09:42:44 PM
I just got my ticket today at the Zigfield. All other theaters were sold out and the lady at the box office told me there were only 40 seats left.

For what it is worth: a friend of mine (who I can assure you knows his Sondheim) saw it back in February. Upon his return his exact words were, "They got it."

Posting an image or Jpeg  Aug 27 2013, 10:23:52 PM
And yet all of this sounds far more complicated then it need be. There are a gazillion apps and websites out there were adding a photo is a simple as copy/paste. (Granted, I'm not the best with computers and HTML and all that crap, so what the hell do I know?)
Mary Testa and Audra McDonald 'Stepsister's Lament"  Jun 21 2013, 12:24:23 AM
Happy Friday, everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7h-KkV-YFY

For Those Who've Seen MATILDA...  Apr 13 2013, 08:19:22 AM
As far as seats are concerned, I was siting in the last row of the Balcony, and I saw everything fine. In fact, I would recommend balcony seats (Although, maybe try to be in the first couple of rows, because I did miss a couple things with entrances and exits from the house.)

As far as contracts, well, I'd imagine a year for the Brits, but it's anyone's guess, really.

KINKY BOOTS Reviews-Talkin' Broadway review  Apr 4 2013, 10:09:52 PM
I'd call that Mixed-Positive to Positive from Ben.
Theatre Games that actors play onstage  Apr 4 2013, 09:57:21 PM
HOW DARE YOU PLAY A GAME ON STAGE!!

Okay, never added random lines, but I will happily say that I've played a round or two of pass the button, and at acclaimed regional theatres. Not saying that to toot my own horn, just saying even the pros get a bit restless after a few weeks of a run and like to spice up a chorus scene, 'cause why not. (Playing the game is not un-professional, screwing up your show is...it's a fine line)

Also, not all shows lend themselves to playing gam

Can Five New Hit Musicals Survive?  Apr 3 2013, 10:38:34 AM
To answer another question the OP asked, back in (I want to say it was) 2005, all 4 Best Musical Nominees were running a year later: Spamalot, Light in the Piazza, Spelling Bee, and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Not sure if all recouped, but a healthy run like that is saying something.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You