pixeltracker

Jennifer DiNoia will be standby as Elphaba in LA Wicked.- Page 2

Jennifer DiNoia will be standby as Elphaba in LA Wicked.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#25re: Jennifer DiNoia will be standby as Elphaba in LA Wicked.
Posted: 10/29/07 at 7:47pm

It was already posted on the board that Caissie Levy (the current Elphaba u/s in New York) will be replacing Julie Rieber as the standby in the LA company before assuming the role of Elphaba full time January 1st following the departure of Eden Espinosa.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 10/29/07 at 07:47 PM

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#28re: Jennifer DiNoia will be standby as Elphaba in LA Wicked.
Posted: 10/29/07 at 11:05pm

melody, Coleen Sexton is leaving the touring company of WICKED on November 18th to return to New York and pursue some other opportunities.

She will be replaced by Donna Vivino effective November 20th.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

anpat13
#29re: Jennifer DiNoia will be standby as Elphaba in LA Wicked.
Posted: 10/30/07 at 9:34pm

UGH...caissie levy doesn't seem to be very great for this role. I think she is a very poor replacement for Eden.

wickedmenzel318 Profile Photo
wickedmenzel318
#30re: Jennifer DiNoia will be standby as Elphaba in LA Wicked.
Posted: 10/30/07 at 9:51pm

Jen took over for Carmen in Chicago as standby.

ChiSquared62
#31re: Jennifer DiNoia will be standby as Elphaba in LA Wicked.
Posted: 11/4/07 at 1:08am

Jenny will be going on November 6-11, because the principle Elphaba has a vacation. I would HIGHLY recommend that you go specifically to see her - I haven't seen her as Elphaba yet, but I saw her in the B.R.A.T.S. (now B.R.A.T.T. CAMP) reading over the summer and she blew me away. She has such a HUGE voice, and really is a joy to talk to at the stage door as well.

Default = the beautiful and talented Leisha Hailey

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#32re: Jennifer DiNoia will be standby as Elphaba in LA Wicked.
Posted: 11/7/07 at 6:14am

I also dislike the Wicked Recycling System...cuz it never recycles the right ones to me.

LA wants SHO!!!

and Julia! We want Julia too!!!

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#33re: Jennifer DiNoia will be standby as Elphaba in LA Wicked.
Posted: 11/7/07 at 10:02am

VERY interesting... Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Best wishes for all re: Jennifer DiNoia will be standby as Elphaba in LA Wicked.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

bk
#34re: Jennifer DiNoia will be standby as Elphaba in LA Wicked.
Posted: 11/7/07 at 12:04pm

I'll just say that a) I saw Miss Reiber in the show two weeks ago and I cannot imagine a better Elphaba anywhere - she was wonderful and not just because she sang the hell out of the score, but because she acted the hell out of the role. I don't know the methodology of the producers, but they would have done very well to let her take over the role - and b) she and the Glinda standby, Emily Rozek, just did my benefit celebrating Menken and Schwartz (both of whom were in attendance) and I am here to tell you when Julie came out after the opening number and did The Wizard And I she blew the roof off the theater and the audience went nuts.

Videos