pixeltracker

Bernadette Peters: NO SHOW- Page 2

Bernadette Peters: NO SHOW

Nashvillian
#25re: Bernadette Peters: NO SHOW
Posted: 2/15/07 at 7:21pm

Yes, I thought you couldn't justify your claims.

But it's truly sad how these threads tend to degenerate into personal attacks amongst the posters, and so I'm through posting to this one. I've managed to draw attention to the unfortunate circumstances of last night, which is what I set out to do, and I now happily grant the last word to whomever wishes to claim it.

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#26re: Bernadette Peters: NO SHOW
Posted: 2/15/07 at 7:46pm

I don't care how truly "personal" it is...but she has a website, she should use it to communicate with her fans in Nashville about this unfortunate occurrence and explain truthfully what happened. At least, issue a press release

Relax! Me thinks you folks are reading things into this based on feelings, personality, intergity, past record...none of which equates to "business" decisions. Peters has zero responsibility to report anything to anyone. It was the venue's concert In fact, if the venue is responsible for the cancellation, anything Peters puts in written form she will be held accountable for. No professional in their right mind would go there.

Stop the craziness and try to think like a business person. The title of the thread should read " Bernadattte Peters NCO's Concert To Be Rescheduled". This removes the blame from both parties. Think. Business.

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"
Updated On: 2/15/07 at 07:46 PM

sparrman
#27re: Bernadette Peters: NO SHOW
Posted: 2/22/07 at 10:05am

I have a little inside info here: The cancellation had nothing to do with Bernadette. The NCO cancelled it because ticket sales were bad and it would have lost thousands of dollars. Publicly blaming it on Bernadette's "work" schedule was unfortunate, but it would also seem to reflect badly on her that sales for her show were poor, so perhaps her contract forbade them to announce the real reason. But sales were really down because the concert was announced poorly and at the last minute. I think with enough advance warning, they'll have no problem filling the house for the June "rescheduling", which is at a different venue.

Danielm
#28re: Bernadette Peters: NO SHOW
Posted: 2/22/07 at 1:30pm

This is what's great about this website and the internet in general. Anonymous people can just voice any unfounded opinion, any unsubstantiated gossip and put it before the public without recourse. Ah--the new information age.

Yes, we do need a third vampire musical.--Little Sally, Gypsy of the Year 2005.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#29re: Bernadette Peters: NO SHOW
Posted: 2/22/07 at 1:33pm

"work-related work that she had to work on, then don't book the gig in the first place!"

Stuff happens.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#30re: Bernadette Peters: NO SHOW
Posted: 2/22/07 at 2:36pm

Publicly blaming it on Bernadette's "work" schedule was unfortunate, but it would also seem to reflect badly on her that sales for her show were poor, so perhaps her contract forbade them to announce the real reason.

No, publically making a "false statment" is a lot worse than unfortunate, it's unethical or worse. I would highly doubt Ms. Peters has a problem selling tickets. The venue likely needs to revisit their marketing and press staff. Both are apparently lacking and their press people are responsible for that statement.

As I said, a contracted performer cannot legally back out due to commitments beyond an agreed grace period. There should be nothing in Peters contract regarding cancellation due to lack of ticket sales. That's just ludicrous.

Beleive me. I write contracts between venues and performers all the time. Pertinate details and clauses are spelled out, negotiated and signed. That's why some contracts become novels.!

Without knowing the facts, all I can say is something is rotten in Denmark with this set up. But this is all for naught. The event was cancelled and that's really a shame.

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"
Updated On: 2/22/07 at 02:36 PM

mentaltenant Profile Photo
mentaltenant
#31re: Bernadette Peters: NO SHOW
Posted: 2/23/07 at 8:37pm

I, for one, am glad it's being rescheduled just because I had NO idea she was playing Nashville again and now I'm very excited at the prospect of seeing her live again!

azeller Profile Photo
azeller
#32re: Bernadette Peters: NO SHOW
Posted: 2/23/07 at 9:08pm

FYI..if you had intended to see her at the Lehman Center in the Bronx on April 28, that concert has also been cancelled. You might want to check with the box office but many of us who had tickets were told to send them back and refunds would be processed.

"Let's admit one thing right upfront: With the possible exception of Bernadette Peters, not everyone stays young and cute forever." (NYPost 2/2/05)

Videos