A Chorus Line

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#25re: A Chorus Line
Posted: 5/14/07 at 2:01pm

I think that would be pretty cool.

I saw ACL on Saturday as well. I was completely blown away by all of it.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#26re: A Chorus Line
Posted: 5/14/07 at 2:19pm

What about an interactive experience where the audience votes who stays and who gets cut?

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#27re: A Chorus Line
Posted: 5/14/07 at 2:21pm

No.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

BSoBW2
#28re: A Chorus Line
Posted: 5/14/07 at 2:25pm

Like THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD?

and the mirror
#29re: A Chorus Line
Posted: 5/14/07 at 3:02pm

No way. Let's save that for American Idol: The Musical. (dear God, never let that happen)

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#30re: A Chorus Line
Posted: 5/14/07 at 3:20pm

While I can appreciate what the finale is doing on a conceptual level, I honestly doubt many in the audience actually get it. That's a tough leap for folks who expect the "big hat" payoff anyway: the image of the gold costumes is so ingrained that folks walk into the theatre knowing they're gonna see it at some point, and that's why it undercuts the material.

In some respects, it's like the mirror number in FOLLIES. Great concept but it never really quite worked the way Bennett wanted it to.

http://docandraider.com

#31re: A Chorus Line
Posted: 5/14/07 at 7:38pm

Agreed but really no one is to blame for that but Bennett himself (and of course that was his big fight with Prince for Follies). Bennett has these ideas but then also always wanted to leave the audience feeling good, etc--nothing wrong with that. I know he himself complained that audiences didn't often get that the One finale could be seen as more sad than triumphant--but it was his own doing that did that re: A Chorus Line

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#32re: A Chorus Line
Posted: 5/14/07 at 7:56pm

Would doing the "One" reprise and then having a blank stage have worked?

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

#33re: A Chorus Line
Posted: 5/14/07 at 8:10pm

I dunno I don't think audiences woulda gotten that anymore...

Videos