pixeltracker

Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help- Page 2

Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help

alex2155 Profile Photo
alex2155
#25re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/29/07 at 3:58pm

oh sorry oops...I got confused with Gavin Creel. Nevermind!

alex2155 Profile Photo
alex2155
#26re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/29/07 at 3:58pm

oh sorry oops...I got confused with Gavin Creel. Nevermind!

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#27re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/29/07 at 7:52pm

I think b/c Gavin Lee is married to an American, he has a green card, thus he might have already joined the equity. In that case he is not bound to the UK/US exchange rules. I have all the principle actors have at least one year contract.

ThankstoPhantom
#28re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/29/07 at 10:25pm

I believe Lee is part of American equity at this point. If you notice in other shows with trades:

"[Actor] is appearing pursuant of an exchange between American Equity and UK Equity."

There is no such notice in the Mary Poppins program.

Also, I do not believe there is a 6 month maximum on English actors in the US. Maria Friedman was signed on with The Woman in White for 9 months (of course, this wasn't completed).

It's all part of how long the trade off lasts. For example, Friedman was able to sign on for 9 months because Jill Paice, an American, was with the show in London for 11 months. Thusm Friedman's maximum was likely 11 months.

Gavin Creel in London...I have no idea where his trade off is from (unless I am wrong about Lee). He's currently signed through November...that's well over a year by that time for him.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

RockabyeHamlet
#29re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/29/07 at 11:49pm

Thanks for the information Phantom!

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

ben1986 Profile Photo
ben1986
#30re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 7/11/07 at 9:50pm

Hey everyone its been a long time but I finally posted my review. Sorry for the delay, life/work have made my life exhausting for the last month. I loved the show!(see review)

On a final note, Ashley Brown did come out of the stage door. She was really nice and signed and took pics with everyone. Also the stage door man at the New Amsterdam was wonderful.

Ciao~

Videos