pixeltracker

Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help

Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help

ben1986 Profile Photo
ben1986
#1Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/6/07 at 8:45pm

Does anybody know where the stage door is for Mary Poppins, or where I would be able to get Ashley Brown's autograph after the show? I'm going to the show for the first time on friday night and would love to get an autograph.

Any help you can give would be most appreciated.

Yankeefan007
#2re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/6/07 at 8:50pm

The stage door is on West 41st. Right across from Rent.

ThankstoPhantom
#2re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/6/07 at 8:52pm

If you exit the theatre on the left hand side, it'll be on your right whenyou exit onto 41st...

If you leave through the front onto 42nd, you need to go around the block.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

ben1986 Profile Photo
ben1986
#3re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/6/07 at 8:57pm

Thank you so much! I've never seen the movie and so this is my first intro to the character of Mary Poppins so I'm pretty excited.

Julian2
#4re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/6/07 at 9:04pm

Please post a reveiw, very curious how someone who hasn't seen the movie will react.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

ben1986 Profile Photo
ben1986
#5re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/6/07 at 9:10pm

Will do, in fact I never have even really heard the movie soundtrack, I just know the orig. london cast. So we'll see.

jagfkb
#6re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/7/07 at 5:49am

*JUST A TIP:
There IS a hidden door for Mar Poppins. It's a little furher down the street (not too far though), but it is a door from the stage to the audience. you might wanna watch that door carefully.

singingshowgirl Profile Photo
singingshowgirl
#7re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/7/07 at 8:21am

yeah, it's a little confusing. i only knew it because i know some people in the cast who explained it to me since i was meeting them and going backstage. ashley brown does come out and sign autographs, though...or at least did that day anyway! enjoy....

Shakespearean Profile Photo
Shakespearean
#8re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/7/07 at 8:43am

I was surprised that I enjoyed Mary Poppins as much as I did. While the production itself is magnificent, the cast had a unbridled energy that was contagious, sweeping the audience along in their flight. I was never a fan of the movie, but this show certainly deserved its nomination.

To get on point, yes, Ashley Brown does come to the stage door to sign, as did all of the principles except the actor who plays Mr. Banks who apparently slips out that 'secret door' on a regular basis. In fact, I was surprised by the comradery the cast showed as they came out after performing two shows that day, one might think they actually enjoy themselves and each other. The added bonus for a two show day is that you might get to meet Ashley's french bulldog. He was adorable!

Now my pugs will be mad at me.

PottstownTeacher
#9re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/7/07 at 10:27am

I saw the show back in November. Everyone, including Daniel Jenkins, came out to sign, but he was planning on walking out until someone, ok fine ... until I called to him and asked him to sign. Then when everyone realized who he was they asked him to sign. Ashley Brown came out, too, and she brought her own Sharpie and called in "germ control". Looking back, the only person who didn't sign was Gavin Lee and that's only because he was out of the theatre before most of the audience was!!

tinkerscanne
#10re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/7/07 at 6:58pm

I saw Mary Poppins in December and Ashley came out and signed that night, too. And yes, she had her own sharpie! Gavin Lee signed a few (including mine) and then bolted. Delaney Morrow, who I think has left due to being too tall, was bouncing around with some friends and was really a cute little girl! I was mostly interested in Ashley, as were most, so I didn't notice the others. This was the 2nd time I met Ashley - the first being after a performance of B&TB. Both times she was very kind and sincere. Hope you get to meet her!!! And enjoy the show!

ThankstoPhantom
#11re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/7/07 at 7:00pm

Yes, Delaney had to leave because she'd outgrown the role.

Ashley always seems to be at the stage door unless she is not at the show or has an after show engagement...no need to worry.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

Yankeefan007
#12re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/7/07 at 7:00pm

Brown is VERY good to her fans, though, in terms of demeanor, she was better during her run in Beauty.

ben1986 Profile Photo
ben1986
#13re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/7/07 at 8:37pm

Just curious Yankee, what do mean "in terms of demeanor, she was better during her run in Beauty."

Also thanks everyone, I'm seeing it tomorrow and hope to have a review up by sometimes saturday.

Yankeefan007
#14re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/7/07 at 8:38pm

It could be the crowd size, but I remember her being significantly more out-going and friendly at Beauty.

Chardonnay
#15re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/7/07 at 8:42pm

When I saw Mary and met Ashley and Gavin at the SD in March, I asked ushers where the door was and they directed me to go through McDonalds instead of having to walk completely around the block. I ended up just walking through the lobby of some hotel or apartment next McDonalds, but you could try either of those.

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#16re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/29/07 at 3:22am

Didn't feel like making another topic.

Does anyone know if Ashley has any vacations? I was noticing all the backstage photos on bww.com and she wasn't in any of the pics.

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

ThankstoPhantom
#17re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/29/07 at 8:57am

I was wondering the same thing.

I was also wondering if Megan Osterhaus is playing the role all week, or if the three understudies are splitting the role?

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#18re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/29/07 at 10:10am

I've heard that Ashley is on vacation 'this week'- no clue what time period this week covers though, is it usually Tue thru Sun? Sun thru Sat?

Didn't hear anything about the understudy question.

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#19re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/29/07 at 10:11am

I don't know about Ashley but Gavin just returned from his vacation so I don't think he'll be out for a while unless he's sick.

Dan Jenkins (Mr. Banks) takes a nap (LOL) between the shows so he won't come out after a matinee. Also he doesn't have a mustache off stage, often wearing a baseball cap, so you may not recognize him.

ThankstoPhantom
#20re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/29/07 at 2:11pm

Ana: Usually, an actor will take off the Tues-Sun week, however, they may add extra days, like the Sunday before or something, depending on their plans.

RockabyeHamlet
#21re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/29/07 at 2:22pm

I apologize if this has been posted already, but isn't Gavin Lee part of the six month Equity trade rule? And if so, when does he leave, because I would love to see him in the role.

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

alex2155 Profile Photo
alex2155
#22re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/29/07 at 2:55pm

Gavin Lee has extended is original London contract once, I'm not sure when this contract ends though...october maybe? But then he might just extend to the end of the run since it's closing in Jan in London...who knows though.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#23re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/29/07 at 2:58pm

Ana: Usually, an actor will take off the Tues-Sun week, however, they may add extra days, like the Sunday before or something, depending on their plans.

Cool, thanks- I'd figured 'this week' was Tue thru Sun, since most people leaving a show usually leave on a Sunday I figured the new week started with Tue (or Mon if you show does Mondays)...but of course for every 'usually' there is always an exception. :)

RockabyeHamlet
#24re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
Posted: 6/29/07 at 3:37pm

I'm confused, what would the London closing have to do with Lee's contract in the US? I thought most people transferring from England were only contracted to do six months due to the restrictions with Actor's Equity in England?

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

Videos