pixeltracker

Reidel: Money Rolls for Purple (advance ticket sales near $10 million)- Page 2

Reidel: Money Rolls for Purple (advance ticket sales near $10 million)

bially082 Profile Photo
bially082
#25re: Reidel: Money Rolls for Purple (advance ticket sales near $10 million
Posted: 6/23/07 at 4:55am

They will however print new programs with her. A rerecording also can't happen because of Simon's rights over her name. There's a lot that goes into this way over and above the audience wanting it. Although it does SOMETIMES, but very rarely happen, there is a great deal of politics involved...it will not happen at Purple.

You are young, life has been kind to you. You will learn.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#26re: Reidel: Money Rolls for Purple (advance ticket sales near $10 million
Posted: 6/23/07 at 5:18am

I find it hard to take anything you say seriously now after your definitive: "When a show is recast it is NEVER rerecorded."

It doesn't sound like you have much of a clue.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#27re: Reidel: Money Rolls for Purple (advance ticket sales near $10 million
Posted: 6/23/07 at 1:08pm

Yes there have been many other shows that have been re-recorded based on the caliber of the replacement performer (like mentioned here, GREASE (twice, with Rosie and then Brooke) and of course Wonderful Town, Kiss of the Spider Woman, and look at all the Joseph's we have had...(well that may not count), but still...many shows have gotten rerecord over the years and to be honest this show makes no difference than all the others...a star talent headlining a big Broadway show, I am sure it has been mentioned or thought of or is in the process...but we will only find out unless it is officially announced!

"In the U.S.A. You can have your say, You can set you goals And seize the day, You've been given the freedom To work your way To the head of the line- To the head of the line!" ---Stephen Sondheim

divarobbie Profile Photo
divarobbie
#28re: Reidel: Money Rolls for Purple (advance ticket sales near $10 million
Posted: 6/23/07 at 3:47pm

What suprises me is that she hasn't recorded a single of two or three songs, a la the various Norma Desmonds in SUNSET BLVD., Reba McIntire in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN. That, certainly, is not unprecedented. However, her label may block the cast album label's efforts at that. I know from whence I speak.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#29re: Reidel: Money Rolls for Purple (advance ticket sales near $10 million
Posted: 6/23/07 at 3:58pm

Don't they just re-record the replacement cast member's audio track, while leaving the rest as is? Would cost a TON to call in everyone for a ful re-recording...

Or did someone already say this? Never mind... re: Reidel:  Money Rolls for Purple  (advance ticket sales near $10 million

divarobbie Profile Photo
divarobbie
#30re: Reidel: Money Rolls for Purple (advance ticket sales near $10 million
Posted: 6/23/07 at 4:00pm

It's called "click-tracking" and yes, they could, if Fantastia is singing LaChanze's keys. However, the orchestra has to be re-paid for using thier work, etc. It's a costly venture.

Videos