pixeltracker

South Pacific cancellation line- Page 2

South Pacific cancellation line

BestOfBothWorlds Profile Photo
BestOfBothWorlds
#25re: South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 7/4/08 at 12:11pm

I did cancellation for a Wednesday evening recently and I got there at about 5. I got in, but only right at about 8. So, going over at 4 would probably help you out, but no guarantees.

Our tickets (2) were full price, row M center orchestra (the 300s, I think) (only a couple of rows behind Steve Martin :)). I'm pretty sure they are sold at first price; I doubt you can get a student price for them.

pli1018
#26re: South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 7/4/08 at 12:12pm

Do they still do student rush or has that been cancelled?

BestOfBothWorlds
#27re: South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 7/4/08 at 12:15pm

They do still technically have a student rush, but as the show is sold out through September they have had no chance to tickets to sell as rush. I imagine there won't actually be a student rush until 2009.

Cancellation line or planning ahead are your best bets.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#28re: South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 7/4/08 at 12:17pm

Yuck. Maybe I'll just wait another few months. I can't afford full-price tickets.

Thanks for the help!

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

BestOfBothWorlds
#29re: South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 7/4/08 at 12:19pm

Yes, thankfully my mother was in town and really wanted to see it! There's no way I would've paid $125 for myself.

carderic Profile Photo
carderic
#30re: South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 7/4/08 at 12:27pm

i finally went last wednesday matinee and got there an hour before box office opened. once it opened i was second in line. the box office guy came over about 10 minutes later and got a group of 4 of us and brought us to the box office. i got left-center lodge row A seat 203 for $125. the view was perfect. the show was perfect. no word on whether many people after the first 4 got in though.

the box office guy did say they were sold out until september and sold out of the 3 center sections until january. looks like it'll be around for a while.

NYCHKTHEATRE34
#31re: South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 10/5/08 at 5:48pm

Just yesterday (Saturday 10/4/0re: South Pacific cancellation line, I got to the theatre at about 12:15pm for the 2pm showing. Lots of people sitting around but nobody on the cancelation line yet. At about 1pm I was behind a couple and another gentleman. At about 1:30pm a security guard came down and took the single guy...and then was back moments later for the couple. I was next and would have gotten in, however I then heard Kelli O'Hara was off and her understudy was in. So I left, and I know the 2-3 people behind me got in.

I came back at 5pm (in advance of the 8pm show) and the place was DEAD! I sat by the line by myself until about 5:45pm when another couple joined me. At exactly 6pm someone from the box office came down and took the 3 of us up to sell tickets. All 3 of us got ROW K, Center Orchestra (9th row)....AMAZING seats.

So...in answer to the post...I don't get the sense they have a LOT of tickets available and if you see a lined formed of more than 8-10 people it may not be worth trying. But for me, both times I went on Saturday the line was very short...and getting there 2 hours early proved successful.

Two notes:
- Have cash ready, sometimes the cancelation tickets are cash only
- AVOID the scalpers...I avoided two but the box office is watching closely and kicked out a scalper AND the guy that was about to buy from him.

As for the show - there is nothing like it...it is amazing and I absolutely would have waited all day for the seats I eventually got. 9th row Orchestra Center, for the face value of $125.

It's worth it and the cancelation line DOES work!

GOOD LUCK!

Videos