pixeltracker

Renee Elise Goldsberry to be final Mimi in RENT- Page 2

Renee Elise Goldsberry to be final Mimi in RENT

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#25re: Renee Elise Goldsberry to be final Mimi in RENT
Posted: 5/15/08 at 11:39pm

sorry orange- Iread the title and moved on, didn't actually *look* at the thread.

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#26re: Renee Elise Goldsberry to be final Mimi in RENT
Posted: 5/16/08 at 12:20am

Tamyra was by far the worst Mimi I have ever seen. Yeah, that's harsh, and I feel bad because she seems like a nice person but it's true. She's a singer, not an actress. A damn good singer, if I closed my eyes (no pun intended) Without You, for example, was incredibly beautiful. I just didnt find her believable and her chemistry with the 3 or 4 rogers i've seen her with just didn't have that spark.

Perhaps renee would be more suited for the role of Joanne, but there is already an incredible one in place (Merle, who is my 3rd favorite, right behind Kenna and Fredi) so it makes sense that they wouldn't have a replacement for that role, whereas there was a need for a mimi replacement.

As for bringing in new fans... anyone who tamyra attracts to the show, probably saw her in her first week there.

I'm also kind of glad they cast someone new! Yay rent for not recycling!!

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#27re: Renee Elise Goldsberry to be final Mimi in RENT
Posted: 5/16/08 at 12:37am

Well, I thought Tamyra's chemistry and interactions with Adam Pascal made for the best "Another Day." And she gave an incredibly nuanced physical performance in the second act, especially in Angel's funeral scene. This final cast is getting more exciting each day!

Videos