News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mealz1042

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Member Name: Mealz1042
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Love, Loss, and What I Wore Closing :-(  Feb 7 2012, 04:55:17 PM
@ ACL - haha definitely a valid point, though I would KILL to see Angela Lansbury play Gingy.
New Rent Cast  Feb 7 2012, 02:51:04 PM
Um Justin was amazing. And totally believable as a Roger. I was very happily surprised. What a versatile actor!
Love, Loss, and What I Wore Closing :-(  Feb 7 2012, 02:47:07 PM
The last show is gonna be in March 25th. I apologize if anyone has already posted about this, I haven't been on the boards in a while.

Sad to see this show go. Though it had a great run! I only saw it twice but it was always such a good time. I definitely want to try and catch this month's cast since I love Zuzanna Szadkowski on Gossip Girl and I think it'd be really cool to see her live. And plus next month Sierra Boggess is gonna be in it as well.

If anyone's interested, here's a discount code that the Daryl Roth theatre is offering. Check it out: http://www.darylroththeatre.com/LLWW_FEB/LLWW_020612_WebOutreach.html

re: Hair, N2N or 9 to 5?  Aug 28 2009, 01:09:08 AM
SO DEPENDS ON YOUR MOOD!!
they are very different shows, and I love all of them (though I like Hair and N2N more than the latter)

If you want something, deep and emotional with edgy music that will make you cry see Next to Normal

if you want something fun, upbeat and energizing, with a lot of audience interaction and taboo-ish topics see Hair

If you want something light and fun, and just overall a feel good show see 9 to 5

Hilarious Comments...  Aug 28 2009, 12:37:55 AM
Promises, Promises was playing at Barnes and Nobles on the Upper East Side and some woman says to her husband, "I don't think this is Cats."

Also am I really the only one who is bothered by the misplaced modifier in the title of this thread??

re: HAIR Audience Interaction-Taking Glasses Off People's Faces?  Aug 27 2009, 01:50:51 AM

re: Alice Ripley's replacement in N2N?  Aug 26 2009, 11:54:19 PM
not suggesting it but curious as to what Allison Janney would be like.
re: HAIR Audience Interaction-Taking Glasses Off People's Faces?  Aug 26 2009, 11:49:03 PM
Okay on a serious note, there is NO WAY IN HELL they would remove a pacemaker!!!!!!!! It makes me wonder if you are joking because how could you possibly think they would do that? As for the glasses. Don't worry about it. As for being further back, that makes no difference, so with poor vision i'd say go for the closer seats, just sit towards the center, not an aisle and you'll be fine. If you make it clear you don't want your glasses touched, I'm positive they won't touch them.
re: HAIR Audience Interaction-Taking Glasses Off People's Faces?  Aug 26 2009, 11:37:46 PM
The best was when Gavin Creel took my contacts out!
re: Reasons to Be Pretty or August: Osage County  Jun 3 2009, 10:29:04 PM
August, August, August, August!!! that shouldn't even be a question.
Reasons was good, it was cute, i enjoyed it. If you had time for both I'd say go for it. But August: Osage County should not be missed, it is absolutely phenomenal.

re: 'reasons' small spoiler/blooper with Steven Webber Talk Back  May 26 2009, 04:31:22 PM
i was there as well, it definitely felt like nervous laugher to me
re: N2N, In the Heights or Hair?  May 21 2009, 09:11:56 PM
see whenever you ask a question like this you are going to get a variety of answers, each person pushing for his or her favorite.

I honestly am in love with all three of these, but they are so so soooo different. We need to know more about what type of show you are looking for, what other shows you liked, who you're going with etc.

Hair is definitely the most energetic I would say, with Heights coming in at a close second. But Hair is really interactive, lots of 4th wall breaki

re: Do theater snobs who hate shows like Legally Blonde love Next to Normal  May 17 2009, 10:21:44 AM
i absolutely adore both shows in very different ways.

this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!  May 10 2009, 09:01:01 PM
Sorry if this has been answered I havent been on the boars for a while, but what exactly should I expect tomorrow at Feinsteins?
Off Broadway?  May 10 2009, 08:59:36 PM
So, I was looking at a list of current off Broadway shows and I realized that besides the two that I've seen (Altar Boyz and Rooms) I haven't really heard much about any of them.

Seeing shows like In the Heights and Next to Normal off Broadway made me realize that some of them can be really, really, incredible and that I shouldn't put them last on my priority list, however, I have no idea which would be worth investing in.

Any suggestions would be amazing (plus brief descript

re: What show to see?!  Apr 5 2009, 09:27:01 AM
or hair
re: What show to see?!  Apr 5 2009, 09:25:32 AM
i dont know enough abotu your friend or you but judging from what you wrote I agree with capnhook, Avenue Q or In the Heights should be a good time.
re: Favorite thing to do in New York?  Mar 31 2009, 01:56:56 PM
best and worst depending on what you're looking for. I mean I'm from New York and even though I'm not a tourist, I do love the holiday season but the crowds can be absolutly brutal.

however, there are so many amzing things to do during the season, like check out the shops at bryant park and go ice skating there (for free! Avoid rockerfeller center, its obscenely expensive and you get kicked off the ice after just an hour, and thats after waiting FOREVER just to get onto the ice.)

re: [Title of Show] Returns [Sort of]  Mar 18 2009, 06:36:18 PM
uhhh how do you know it wont be the same costumes? like where did you get that from?
re: HAIR Review  Mar 16 2009, 08:35:03 AM
great review.
i also saw it this week and fell in love. The cast was amazing, the costumes were amazing, the lighting was unbelievable!!

As for the nudity scene i agree, its funny though we're all so jaded in this generation. In 1969, when Hair came out that was monumental, now its just like, "oh, look, naked people, word."

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You