pixeltracker

Tyne Daly's Rose: An Appreciation- Page 2

Tyne Daly's Rose: An Appreciation

thatgirl712 Profile Photo
thatgirl712
#25re: Tyne Daly's Rose: An Appreciation
Posted: 6/12/08 at 4:46am

I saw Tyne in Gypsy and really enjoyed it. I was happily surprised when she made her first appearance very near to where I was sitting!

If I heard the bells and the banjos ring

kooky
#26re: Tyne Daly's Rose: An Appreciation
Posted: 6/12/08 at 9:54am

Saw Tyne on Broadway as Mama Rose ........ I for one just LOVED her in the role.

She had heart and soul....... I was very impressed.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#27re: Tyne Daly's Rose: An Appreciation
Posted: 6/12/08 at 11:05am

Flippancy,

I saw Linda Lavin and I totally agree with everything you said.

I also loved Crista Moore's interpretation of Louise.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#28re: Tyne Daly's Rose: An Appreciation
Posted: 6/12/08 at 5:30pm

Saw the show here in LA, July 4th weekend 1989 when it played at The Dorothy Chandler Pavilion.

My friend and I were so looking forward to it. Needless to say, we were deeply disappointed. She was really, really bad.

WestVillage Profile Photo
WestVillage
#29re: Tyne Daly's Rose: An Appreciation
Posted: 6/12/08 at 6:00pm

I saw Tyne's final performance on Broadway, and it was one of the most memorable performances I have ever seen. She embodied Rose like no other. She WAS Rose. Brilliant in ever respect. Sure, she couldn't sing it like LuPone sings it, but it didn't matter ... she acted the hell out of the role, and the songs. That was one of those magical nights in theatre history that I will never ever forget.

BigFatBlonde Profile Photo
BigFatBlonde
#30re: Tyne Daly's Rose: An Appreciation
Posted: 6/12/08 at 8:42pm

It touches me to know that many of the people whose opinions I actually value also cherish the memory of Daly's performance.

I'm glad I started this appreciation thread and I hope I've stirred up some fond memories.

What great ones do the less will prattle of
Updated On: 6/12/08 at 08:42 PM

BigFatBlonde Profile Photo
BigFatBlonde
#31re: Tyne Daly's Rose: An Appreciation
Posted: 6/12/08 at 8:55pm

I was just reminded that Frank Rich in his book HOT SEAT included Daly as one of the Twenty INDELIBLE performances of his reviewing career.

What great ones do the less will prattle of
Updated On: 6/12/08 at 08:55 PM

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#32re: Tyne Daly's Rose: An Appreciation
Posted: 6/12/08 at 9:18pm

WestVillage, I was at Tyne's last performance, too. I came across my ticket stub a couple of nights ago. Get a load of this: $15!!!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Videos