News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WestVillage

WestVillage Profile Photo
Member Name: WestVillage
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Spamalot Musical Refrences  Sep 26 2013, 09:55:39 AM
Just sent you a PM with some ideas.
Theater Night: Vigilantes 1, Vulgarians 0  May 16 2013, 01:15:32 PM
When Rent first opened and was a runaway hit, it attracted a very well-dressed crowd, as it was the show to see and the show to be seen at. I saw it right after opening night, and Barbara Walters, Sally Field and a slew of other celebrities were there, along with New York's theater elite crowd. Everyone was dressed to the nines. While I don't agree with a dress code, I could never go to the theater dressed like I was going shopping at Home Depot. When I go anywhere special, and even though I
Bway Songs about Cheaters  Apr 24 2013, 09:57:34 AM
From I Love My Wife:

Married Couple Seeks Married Couple (more about swingers than cheating)

Someone Wonderful I Missed

how to enhance?  Mar 18 2013, 04:56:57 PM
Wow .. KylePKJP really has some anger management issues. Insulting and downright nasty.

I saw Hardbody, and with the exception of the "Joy" number, it was a bore from start to finish. That friggin' truck spinning around made me dizzy. Agree, it should have been off-bway, and a one-act 90 minute show, with half the number of songs. Two acts and two and a half hours (that felt like just as long as the competition lasted) was pretty hard to sit through. One of the dullest shows I've ev

Let My People Come?  Mar 5 2013, 03:28:15 PM
I saw the original, and this dreadful revival. Original was chocked full of nudity and sexual situations; no nudity whatsoever in this production, and except for a few songs, it is not the same show at all. Disagree that there are some "hotties" in the show. I didn't find any of the cast attractive, and as far as talent is concerned, just very run of the mill average. This seems to be more of a cabaret production featuring some of the songs from the original, but that's about where it ends.
Hands on a Hardbody previews thread  Feb 28 2013, 10:16:09 AM
Saw this last night, knowing next to nothing about it, so went in with a completely clean slate and very excited to see a new musical (I didn't know it was based on a documentary, so thought initially that it was completely original). Have to say I agree with Mercedes and AfterEight on this one. I was so unengaged in what was happening. I didn't care about the characters, I didn't care who won the truck. It never brought me into their world; I sat there bored and looking at my watch. It is
CINDERELLA Previews Thread.  Feb 13 2013, 11:06:39 AM
No, she kicks out the other sister who falls for the "liberal".

The orchestra section was not that positive. I saw people nodding off, parents leaving early with their kids, and lots of people exiting as soon as they realized there was no more to the story, and just a wedding scene.

CINDERELLA Previews Thread.  Feb 13 2013, 10:09:02 AM
I saw this last night too, and what a mess it is. Absolutely no charm or humor. For such a sweet show originally, this one is heavy laden and laborious. The step-mother and step-sisters are never funny enough or mean enough for the audience to feel sorry for Cinderella. Osnes and Fontana have zero chemistry, and Osnes has no warmth. She's just kinda there singing pretty and going through the motions. She's also a clumsy dancer which is not pretty to watch. Don't understand why she is such a
FIORELLO! at City Center REViEWS  Jan 31 2013, 01:29:09 PM
I saw it last night too, and was less than impressed. I just don't think it is that great of a show. Emily Skinner is wasted, Kate Baldwin kept going in and out of an Italian accent, Danny Rutigliano was not very interesting and didn't make Fiorello seem like a compelling enough character to have a musical written about him. Choreography was basic without an ounce of excitement. Just thought it was bland and charmless.
Iconic dance numbers from the legendary choreographer's.  Jan 23 2013, 01:16:55 PM
The Riviera Rage from Irene, choreo: Peter Gennaro
Tap Dance section of I Want to Be Happy from No, No, Nanette; choreo: Donald Saddler
The Waiters Gallup from Hello Dolly, choreo: Gower Champion

BTW, Popularity from George M! is an amazing number! I did this show years ago, directed by one of the chorus boys from the OBC, and this number starts out in rehearsal clothes and dancers keep adding layers as the dance goes on, ending up in full performance costume by the end of the

Is once boring? Is so, any advice fore a show?  Jan 23 2013, 12:05:34 PM
I adored "Once". So beautiful in its simplicity. The staging was magical, the performances sublime, the story so intimate. However, it definitely is not a show for everyone's taste. If you only like big splashy musical, Once is not for you. I, however, did not like Leap of Faith at all and wouldn't waste my time or money on Ghost. That being said, you are 14, and I saw my first show at 14 also .. but that was back in 1969! There are many shows that I loved at that age, and looking back an
Big Stars You Have Seen Treading The Boards, But Before They Became Famous?  Jan 16 2013, 04:36:10 PM
Laura Benanti in a community theatre production of Into the Woods
Betty Buckley in 1776
Annette Bening and Tim Daly in Coastal Disturbances
Courtney B. Vance in Fences
Georgia Engle in Hello, Dolly
Bonnie Franklin in Applause
Ann Reinking in A Chorus Line
Jason Alexander and Giancarlo Esposito in Merrily We Roll Along

Bway songs about an enemy or nemesis  Jan 8 2013, 03:33:31 PM
Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better - Annie Get Your Gun
So Long Dearie - Hello Dolly

RIP Phyllis Diller  Aug 20 2012, 03:44:52 PM
This wonderfully funny lady passed away at 95. Thanks for the laughs.

Young Broadway actresses too cool for stage door?  Jul 24 2012, 01:26:47 PM
Honestly, with all the crazies out there, stagedooring for a performer has got to be frightening. No one ever thought they would be in harm's way going to a movie theater; same kind of thing can happen at a crowded stage door. Safety, for both the performers and the fans, should be of utmost importance, and stagedooring defeats that. It only takes one demented, disgruntled, attention-getting fan to wreak havoc and put lots of people in danger. As an audience member, I stay as far away from t
Leaving Evita at intermission  Jul 12 2012, 03:49:25 PM
I saw this with a group of friends who did not see the original production (I was the only one who did). None of them liked the Ricky/Elena version. A few days later, I showed them some of the youtube videos of Patti and Valerie Perri (National Tour) ... and they unanimously said "that's the production I would have liked to have seen." There was power, conflict, passion in that 1979 production (not to mention talent) that is sorely lacking in the revival.
I cry when Ricky is onstage  Jul 12 2012, 01:07:07 PM
Most people are going to see Ricky, not Evita. His fans don't care what show he's in, they just want to see him live and in person. When I saw the show, at the curtain call, it was very obvious that the audience wasn't thrilled with the show ... very light applause, but when Ricky came out, they roared, and it died down when Elena came out.
Leaving Evita at intermission  Jul 11 2012, 06:13:26 PM
Did you ever hear of vanity piece? Suzanne Somers ... The Blonde in the Thunderbird ... no one in their right mind would have thought that show had any chance in hell of being a hit. And people who invest in shows do it because they love that aspect of the business (and have the money to burn) ... they all know they're taking a huge financial risk. If people only invested in things they believe would be a hit, there'd be a helluva lot less shows on Broadway. People invest in shows they perso
Leaving Evita at intermission  Jul 11 2012, 06:02:28 PM
hermajesty sounds a little too gaga over Broadway shows/performers to form an honest objective opinion. I mean, really, if EVERYTHING and EVERYONE on Broadway is the best ... Rose colored glasses, anyone?

I cry when Ricky is onstage  Jul 11 2012, 04:56:23 PM
I saw Raul play Che years ago, and he was wonderful.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You