News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nealb1

nealb1 Profile Photo
Member Name: nealb1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Olympics on my mind: Showtunes that could be theme songs at the 2024 Games
 Jul 23 2024, 03:22:39 PM

"Great Adventure" from "Kimberly Akimbo"  

Nontypical show times
 Jul 15 2024, 03:04:33 PM

Was in NYC in May for 10 days and was very happy to see that "The Great Gatsby" had Thursday matinees.   You try to see everything, and it's so hard to do that.  Was able to see TGG on that Thursday and loved it.  The tickets my friend and I had were side Orchestra, and when I got to the box office to pick up the tickets, was thrilled that - for whatever reason, the box office moved us to center Orchestra, right on the aisle.  

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL to close on June 23
 Jun 18 2024, 12:12:21 PM

No surprise, unfortunately.  When my friend and I saw it last month, on a Saturday matinee, we were in the Mezz, and the Mezz was only half full.  Enjoyed the show very much.  Just so much fun!  

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 07:39:57 PM

The F word live on tv!  Love it!

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 06:49:22 PM

Unbelievable.......I logged on 10 minutes before, and by 3:40pm The Tonys hadn't started yet?  WTF?

Glad I went on here to see if anyone else was having the same issue.  I logged off and logged back on, and am finally able to watch it.  

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Jun 3 2024, 03:17:14 PM

Has anyone seen a discount code for "Forbidden Broadway" yet?  Thank you.  

Titanique Seating Question
 Jun 3 2024, 03:15:28 PM

Any seat in the theatre is just fine.  Saw the show in May of last year and loved it.  So much fun.

Here's  current discount code for 20% off...............                            TTQ20BBDRT                        

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 04:26:40 PM

She'll be swell!  She'll be great!

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 04:25:58 PM

Damn.  Won't be able to see it as I'll be in NYC the week prior, and leaving on Monday, just days before the 1st preview.  

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
 May 28 2024, 05:12:44 PM

Binau, perfectly said.  

There are those who just love complain, about anything and everything.  Nellie Forbush in "South Pacific" has such a wonderful line in the opening when she says, "I could never imagine working myself up to be so low."   

A GoFundMe for Tony-winning actor Christian Hoff ('Jersey Boys') and his battle with cancer
 May 25 2024, 12:24:05 PM

This is just so horrible.  

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?
 May 22 2024, 04:25:50 PM

DJD4, I've seen several concerts at The Palace over the years - Liza, Linda Eder & Vanessa Williams.  Liza had "live at the palace" in the title.  As did Vanessa and Linda.  It's such a prestigious venue.  Makes complete sense that he would want it, too.  Anybody would.  

The theatre is just stunning.  Have tickets for "Tammy Faye" in November.  

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?
 May 22 2024, 01:48:41 PM

Looks just beautiful.  Saw Liza at The Palace in December 2008, front row mezz.  To say she was fantastic, would be an understatement.  

Musicals that will never be revived on Broadway
 May 20 2024, 05:20:47 PM

I saw CZJ in "Little Night Music" and thought she was wonderful.

Would love to see a revival of "Me & My Girl."  Saw the 2018 City Center revival of it.  Rob McClure would make a wonderful Bill Snibson.  

Musicals that will never be revived on Broadway
 May 20 2024, 01:29:50 PM

Will "Mame" ever be revived?  Jerry Herman said many times that he thought Catherine Zeta-Jones would be great in the part.  

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 20 2024, 01:27:26 PM

"The Wedding Singer" was pretty bad.  

The Best Of Frank Wildhorn
 May 20 2024, 01:26:05 PM

The double pre-Broadway cd of "Jekyll & Hyde" is my favorite.  Saw the show twice before it opened in NYC - August 1995 in Costa Mesa, and then January 1996 in Palm Springs.  Loved it.  Then saw J&H in NYC July 1997.  So many changes occurred with the Broadway version, and not for the best.    

Where were your RUSH seats for these shows (and would you advise for or against them)?
 May 5 2024, 05:40:35 PM

I rushed 2 shows last week - "The Notebook" & "Water For Elephants."  Got to both theatres at 7:45am.  Within a few minutes another person arrived and when the box office opened at 10am, there were about 20 people in line, for each show.  

"The Notebook" got 2 seats in row E, side orchestra, right on the inner aisle.  Fantastic seats.  For "Elephants," row B, side orchestra, last 2 seats.  Was partial vi

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd'
 May 5 2024, 05:35:55 PM

Just got back from the show.  Great performances all around and everyone received a free "ST" tote bag in their seat.  Joel Grey  was a few rows in front of us.  Great curtain speech at the end.  

There were some sound issues where the the music was louder than the singing.  It wasn't balanced right for some of the show.  

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies
 May 5 2024, 10:07:20 AM

Saw the show yesterday afternoon and loved it.  Just so much fun!  Sure, it's silly and predictable.  And, what's wrong with that?  Really, really enjoyed it!  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You