pixeltracker

Spring Awakening Stunt Casting- Page 2

Spring Awakening Stunt Casting

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#25re: Spring Awakening Stunt Casting
Posted: 8/13/08 at 12:16pm

Gerard is the only redeeming thing about SA at the moment. (I haven't seen Hunter.) He's brilliant as Moritz. There are some other people in the cast who are good - Blake Daniel, Matt Doyle, Morgan Karr, the new Anna - but nothing spectacular. It's pretty disappointing to see the show in the state it's in.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#26re: Spring Awakening Stunt Casting
Posted: 8/13/08 at 12:25pm

Im sitting in the front row in a couple weeks and have fond memorys of seeing the OBC. I must say im kind of afraid now to go see it with all the terrible buzz im hearing over here about the new cast.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#27re: Spring Awakening Stunt Casting
Posted: 8/13/08 at 12:26pm

SpellingBee -- you have way too much time on your hands. When does school start?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#29re: Spring Awakening Stunt Casting
Posted: 8/13/08 at 12:32pm

Theaterboy...don't start dreading it. They could get better! And even if they don't, it doesn't mean it won't "work" for you.

I don't think it's AWFUL, just off the mark. (And Hunter is rumored to be quite good.)

BTW...I must disagree with the comments on the new Anna. While she isn't bad per se, I felt she brought nothing fresh at all to the role of Anna. I'd been refering to her as the New Phoebe.

But Gerard is quite good as Moritz and Blake Daniel and Matt Doyle continue to excel...although I still don't love Matt as Hanschen. And I am fond of Socha's Wendla...even if her vocals are inconsistent....though I personally have not found them to be so.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#30re: Spring Awakening Stunt Casting
Posted: 8/13/08 at 12:36pm

I was passing by 44th St the other day where they have had a Spring Awakening ad for the longest time. On the ad it said "now staring Hunter Parrish of Weeds fame." Sounds like stunt casting to me at least.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Videos