pixeltracker

Sierra Boggess leaving TLM..?- Page 2

Sierra Boggess leaving TLM..?

defyinggravity42694 Profile Photo
defyinggravity42694
#25re: Sierra Boggess leaving TLM..?
Posted: 9/20/08 at 7:35pm

She was really nice when I met her, quiet, but nice. There are videos of her at the stage door acting very nice. Maybe like you said it was a bad night, she also hated when she comes out to a ton of hight pitch shrills.

Goodbye

H.Higgins Profile Photo
H.Higgins
#26re: Sierra Boggess leaving TLM..?
Posted: 9/20/08 at 7:43pm

Aw, Sierra. The only redeeming quality of this God-awful production.

caitlinette Profile Photo
caitlinette
#27re: Sierra Boggess leaving TLM..?
Posted: 9/20/08 at 11:02pm

It sounds like, based on what she told her fansite, that she's ready to leave. I don't necessarily blame her -- sure, it's an utter dream role, but seriously, how many times can you sing "Part of Your World", not just 8 times a week but at every damn public appearance, without going a little nuts?

Can't wait to see what she'll do next.

defyinggravity42694 Profile Photo
defyinggravity42694
#28re: Sierra Boggess leaving TLM..?
Posted: 9/20/08 at 11:14pm

I would totally love if she was Glinda in WICKED.

I know she likes Young Frankenstein, maybe she'll play Inga at some point, I could totally picture her as Inga.

Goodbye

Fosse76
#29re: Sierra Boggess leaving TLM..?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 12:49am

"Can't wait now - and re Sierra Boggess - I was literally shocked when I heard she wasn't even nominated for a Tony. I cannot stand the snobbery and ignorance of most of the theatre world.."

Oh please. She doesn't do anything on that stage that is Tony-worthy. Being able to sing well is not in and of itself Tony worthy. These Disney "princesses" arre so generic that even a drag queen could do them justice.
Updated On: 9/21/08 at 12:49 AM

caitlinette Profile Photo
caitlinette
#30re: Sierra Boggess leaving TLM..?
Posted: 10/15/08 at 1:11am

Update...Sierra says, "I'm headed to London for the week of October 19th so I will be out of Mermaid until the 28th! I've also extended my contract until may of next year!"

That's from her blog at myspace.com/sierraboggess.

The gal certainly seems to get time off a lot...Especially in London...Wonder what she's up to there?

BroadwayGirl411
#31re: Sierra Boggess leaving TLM..?
Posted: 10/15/08 at 1:20am

I have seen carmen cusack and shoshana bean as elphaba, and I must say that shoshana bean is better than carmen, but carmen brings an edge to the role when it comes to her acting. Overall, if Shoshana comes back to the role, I will be first in line to get an orchestra seat for matinee. :)

WishingOnlyWounds2
#32re: Sierra Boggess leaving TLM..?
Posted: 10/15/08 at 7:34am

Yay she extended!

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

Videos