News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for caitlinette

caitlinette Profile Photo
Member Name: caitlinette
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 10 2024, 11:12:04 AM

Some people are claiming Sutton has a cold right now. It certainly sounds that way in her voice. Pretty hard to listen to.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/7/24  Jan 10 2024, 09:44:03 PM

I wonder how the actors in these shows feel knowing that their show isn’t doing so great. Do they pay attention to grosses? If not, they surely must hear rumblings. Must be hard to keep up morale when you feel the guillotine is about to drop :( 

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season  Nov 18 2023, 02:48:41 PM

Same. What's the appeal here? I don't want to sit and watch two incredibly toxic characters sing for 2 1/2 hours. Not sure why we're supposed to care. 

HARMONY On Broadway - Opening Night Reviews  Nov 18 2023, 02:42:41 PM

I agree, the text is extremely on the nose. I can't imagine Parade using this kind of copy. "They were silenced because they were Jews and their story must be told" - yes, but that's also the story of millions of other people. Why is this one special? It leaves no sense of intrigue. 

HARMONY previews  Oct 19 2023, 01:18:26 PM

And for the person wanting to know why everyone is sobbing at the end - I don't think it's any spoiler - but it's about a musical group that was basically erased from history by the Nazi party. And the show, unintentionally, is incredibly relevant without having to try. And, because of the artistic merits of the piece, on top of its relevancy, it delivers quite a punch."

well, of course. I understand that. But that still doesn’t explain how t

HARMONY previews  Oct 19 2023, 12:26:35 PM

Can someone post spoilers of what happens at the end? Curious to know what’s got people sobbing.

Fontana, Boggess & Sieber in THE GOODBYE GIRL Off-Broadway  May 19 2023, 09:40:07 PM

I’m happy for Dan Deluca unexpectedly getting to play Elliot the whole run, but wondering what the hell happened to Fontana. 

The Secret Garden 2016 Concert Presentation  Feb 25 2016, 08:42:04 PM

Not trying to rag on Daisy, but her singing is not Broadway quality...wondering if she has some vocal issues, as MadonnaMusical mentioned .

Film Rights Purchased For JEKYLL & HYDE Musical  Jan 22 2013, 10:38:32 PM
Does Lady Gaga have a legit voice though? Can she "straight" sing without the affected pop voice? Point me to some clips that show me she can and I'll love the idea.
ALADDIN to Play Pre-Broadway Tryout in Toronto Starting November 2013; Broadway Spring 2014  Jan 22 2013, 10:31:04 PM
Casting thoughts?
Best Les Miz Summary Ever  Dec 31 2012, 11:21:48 PM
Regarding audience giggles, a group of women started snickering when Valjean comes into Cosette's room with his shirt open. "Wow, he's HOT" I heard them say. And I can see their point - no way should Valjean look that hearty and virile, when he dies not long after. Another of the women whispered, "That's awkward. He looks like he's going to kiss her!"
New Les Mis Footage - including singing!  Sep 24 2012, 12:05:08 AM
Yes, the clips are short, but I'm quite disappointed with Amanda's voice. Her vibrato sounds like a bleat.

Not too fond of how pop-ish "On My Own" sounds either.

Other than that, I am stoked to see this.

"She Loves Me" Sheet Music?  May 31 2011, 11:26:45 PM
I'm looking for the song "Will He Like Me?" and would be ever so grateful if someone would send it to me. Thanks y'all!
Lion King at Minskoff theater  Nov 29 2010, 03:12:58 AM
Huh...why do they use vocal tracks? For ensemble numbers, or for principles too?
"Music in the Air" sheet music?  Aug 20 2010, 04:07:37 PM
Probably a long shot, but does anyone know if it's possible to get the sheet music for this show? I'm specifically looking for "When the Spring is in the Air".
Did Love Die?  Feb 25 2010, 02:18:18 AM
According to the thread on the West End board, she appears in that same dress in the show. Looking just like a Vogue model, too, I wonder?
Show Clips: Michelle Williams in Chicago  Feb 12 2010, 06:57:04 PM
She needs a sandwich!
YOUTUBE: 'Love Never Dies' performed by ALW and Sierra Boggess  Feb 9 2010, 12:05:03 AM
Some of those song titles (Once Upon Another Time, Beneath a Moonless Sky, The Beauty Underneath etc) look like they were lifted straight from a 15 year old girls diary of secret poems...this is sure to be a hit.

HA HA HA! I also love "Mother please, I'm scared" and "The Phantom confronts Christine". Um, really?

Preview Clips Now Available from LOVE NEVER DIES CD  Feb 9 2010, 12:03:02 AM
Yeah, it's not working for me either. I can click on the song titles but there's no play button. Shucks.
re: My Fair Lady - remake (+ more)  Feb 6 2010, 06:04:07 PM
^ Apparently that may come true about Carey:

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/mulligan-to-play-eliza-in-my-fair-lady-444932.html

I'm sorry, but I'm so glad Keira isn't involved anymore!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You