News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for H.Higgins

H.Higgins Profile Photo
Member Name: H.Higgins
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What are Your Favorite Rodgers & Hammerstein Lesser Known Songs?
 Dec 12 2015, 08:30:33 PM

Is there a recording of the Encores "Music in the Air" production?

The Kristin/Kelli/Chita competition...
 May 20 2015, 08:12:33 PM

I'm saddened by how little Chita Rivera seems to be on the radar for the Tony at this point, despite giving what is arguably the best performance of her career. (Seems to me that "The Visit" not being a hit show is keeping her in the shadows behind Kristin and Kelli.)

It's fascinating to me that she is essentially no longer part of this conversation, despite just having won the Distinguished Performance Award from the Drama League. You know, the one where she was in competition wit

Laura Benanti Explains the Broadway Musicals of the 2013-2014 Season
 May 22 2014, 09:16:30 PM
"She’s rumored to be returning to Broadway, probably next season, in another Golden Age musical revival.
Any insiders here have any ideas? I hope it's true!"

One can only hope she will be starring in the upcoming My Fair Lady revival. She has been mentioning Eliza as her dream role in various interviews and appearances over the last couple of years. I cannot think of anyone better suited or more deserving of the role. I hope her campaigning pays off!

Positive Reviews lead to Anything Goes Cast Recording?
 May 3 2011, 10:59:46 PM
Anything buzzing out there about this? I really thought/hoped one of the labels would jump at this one.

(I'd trade another How to Succeed album for another Anything Goes album in a heartbeat, especially given the respective casts.)

This is why we need a new La Cage recording!
 Jun 4 2010, 07:00:12 PM
Jerry Herman added Georges' counterpoint during "With Anne on my Arm" for the 2004 Broadway revival.

It should have been preserved on disc when that production should have been recorded. Hopefully, we will get it on disc with a recording of the current revival.

Cast Recording for La Cage?
 May 1 2010, 06:37:57 PM
TheatreDiva-

Can you elaborate on your earlier post at all?

Any word from your inside source on whether this is likely to happen?

Also, is National Artist Management Co asking for feedback & expecting to hear from interested individuals? Just need to know if calling would be out of the blue & or if this is something they are working with and would be aware of why one would be calling to say there's one more person who wants to see the CD happen. (is NAMCO the Weissler

Cast Recording for La Cage?
 Apr 28 2010, 10:58:08 PM
No info yet, sadly, but count me among those anxiously awaiting an announcement that it's getting recorded!

I know that there were a few labels who wanted to record the 2004 revival, but the producers of that production weren't going to put up any of the funds to help get it done, so a deal was never struck. I would think (and hope) that with the extraordinarily positive reception this production has received and its many producers (including the Weisslers) that a recording would be a g

Are we going to finally get a new LA CAGE cast recording?
 Apr 23 2010, 07:49:16 PM
Anyone heard anything?

Each time I click on here or Playbill.com, I cross my fingers and hope to see an announcement (I know it just opened, but one can hope, right?).

re: Tony winners Chita Rivera and Karen Olivo to record solo albums on new
 Aug 18 2009, 10:37:13 PM
Just thinking about a Chita Rivera solo album gives me goose bumps!

I really hope she includes something from "The Visit".

re: My Fair Lady - remake (+ more)
 Aug 18 2009, 10:36:05 PM
I'm not going to let myself get any hopes up about the casting of Eliza and Higgins, but the one thing I'm stuck on:

Dolittle HAS to be played by Bill Nighy. It just HAS to happen!

re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
 Jul 22 2009, 11:32:07 PM
Oh for goodness sake, just cast Rachel York already! If Hannah Waddingham isn't coming over after all, she's the way to go, IMO.

I'm torn because I want the cast list now, but have a feeling I'm going to be incredibly disappointed with Desiree's casting (particularly if these Marin Mazzie notions have any truth to them).

re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
 Jun 30 2009, 07:00:00 PM
It will be great just to have Laura Linney back on Broadway, but I can't deny that it was so sad to see her headshot at the top of Playbill.com today without a headline about her starring in "A Little Night Music" next to it.

I know she wasn't in the running, but she would have been magnificent in this.

re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
 Jun 30 2009, 06:55:25 PM
-- "The Little Mermaid will have played 50 previews and 685 performances by the time it closes."

That's 735 performances too many.

Disney had a perfect gem in "The Little Mermaid" (the film) and could have worked magic with it on stage. Instead, we got this travesty. Thomas Schumacher should be ashamed of himself.

re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
 Jun 20 2009, 05:46:19 PM
I really hope we get an announcement soon because the waiting is just painful.

There are some inspired suggestions for Desiree in this thread. I would be at the Kerr in a heartbeat to see Laura Linney or Rachel York in the role. I think both ladies would be divine.

Smaxie- anything you can say about what you might know or have heard regarding the casting?

re: Which season of this decade (so far) has had the Best Revivals?
 Apr 4 2009, 11:54:09 AM
wickedrocks-

Just wanted to say that you're not alone in regards to the "Fiddler on the Roof" revival & I'm glad to see I'm not either. It's amazing how many times I've had to defend my opinion of this beautiful & moving revival in a mass of people stating how horrible it was as if that's fact.

For me, it was the 1st production of "Fiddler" I've seen where the characters felt like genuine, real people with true emotions and problems, rather than broad caricatures and I liked th

re: London LA CAGE with Doug Hodge to come to Broadway?
 Feb 28 2009, 07:09:41 PM
I don't understand the hate towards the 2004 revival.

It was actually a sweet, hysterical, beautiful & heartwarming time for myself and those I know who saw it.

Gary Beach was lovable, vulnerable, and incredibly funny in turn.

Daniel Davis was a revelation. What a charming Georges and probably the best sung to date.

Les Cagelles were nothing short of incredible.

The costumes and sets were also striking and elegant.

It's still upsetting that t

re: Next to Normal Coming to Broadway!!
 Feb 16 2009, 08:01:18 PM
I'm so glad you said that, Smaxie!

The Longacre is gorgeous post the renovation. I was reading the post to which you responded, thinking, "Are you kidding me?!" Thanks for bringing it back to reality, as usual. =)

re: Music in the Air Dress
 Feb 15 2009, 07:22:19 PM
Ed-

Thanks for your reply. I realize that economically, it doesn't make much sense, so I knew it was unlikely. I was somewhat hopeful, though, as there are several labels out there, plus the estates of the composer & lyricist, who are committed to preserving scores (especially ones as notable as "Music in the Air").

I would be interested to know if there are any "OTHER" recordings around...

re: Music in the Air Dress
 Feb 15 2009, 05:23:21 PM
sadly, no announcement of a recording.

Did ANYONE record this?

re: HELEN HAYES AWARDS Nominations on DC Theatre Scene
 Feb 15 2009, 05:20:41 PM
IMO, "The Visit" should sweep and win in every category for which it's nominated. If nothing else, though, there's no justice if it doesn't take best musical, lead actress, and lead actor.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You