pixeltracker

Unsung theater heroes of 2008- Page 2

Unsung theater heroes of 2008

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#25re: Unsung theater heroes of 2008
Posted: 1/1/09 at 11:38pm

I dunno.. I think Laura Osnes is incredibly talented. Grease on Broadway might not have been the best vehicle for her - but she definitely belongs on Broadway.

And although not winnera - there have been several reality show contestants who have been very successful from American Idol, etc.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#26re: Unsung theater heroes of 2008
Posted: 1/2/09 at 12:42am

I think Leigh Ann Larkin gives a phenominal performance but is naturally outshined by Boyd, Laura and Patti. I spoke with Patti once though before it was annouced shed be taking the show to broadway and besides answering the question I had about Boyd the only actor she really talked about was Leigh Ann. She said that her interpretation of the role really makes us understand why June needs to leave which gives patti her breaking point during everythings comin up roses. So I would like to say that while she might not be mentioned in interviews she most certainly is acknowleged for her greatness by her cast.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

bwaybabe2
#27re: Unsung theater heroes of 2008
Posted: 1/2/09 at 2:44am

"...Jill Santoriello, composer of ATOTC, and the long-standing producers/investors are as well..."

Boy...I was just thinking the same thing =I They refused to give these people the time of day for all their committed efforts in bringing to Broadway such a quality piece of theater. Regardless of "ulterior" reasons some on this board may have, or those of certain critics, etc..., there is no denying that the general public identified strongly with ATOTC, both in Sarasota and on Broadway. The audiences were there, even though the economy was not. And, then, there was that cutthroat chase to bash this musical, even before it had a deserved chance to get off its feet in previews. No matter how it is turned around, up and down, the result is still a worthy effort with stellar actors, stupendous costumes, ingenious sets, and lighting, and the copilation of some of the most underated, amazing voices on Broadway today. In particular, James Barbour's, which has been, for so long, somewhat praised, but never really rewarded or elevated to its proper category of excellence.

Videos