pixeltracker

Exciting spring season for plays- Page 2

Exciting spring season for plays

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#25re: Exciting spring season for plays
Posted: 2/16/09 at 7:54am

This is the second year in a row that I've been more excited about the plays than the musicals. I can't wait for Blithe Spirit, The Norman Conquests, Exit the King, Mary Stuart, and Impressionism, and I only hope that I get to see all of them! I'm also excited to see what the Tony Awards race looks like--so much talent to choose from, and so many great plays.

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#26re: Exciting spring season for plays
Posted: 2/16/09 at 8:31am

I've heard that Impressionism is a very good play. I figure that a play that lures Jeremy Irons, Joan Allen and Jack O'Brien has to have something going for it. And it's not difficult to look at Michael T. Weiss for a couple of hours either. It's also a bit of an endangered species on Broadway - a world premiere American play.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Scripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
#27re: Exciting spring season for plays
Posted: 2/16/09 at 5:57pm

I saw Mary Stuart in the West End with Janet McTeer and Harriet Walter - it was difficult to say who gave the better performance, although the portrayal of Elizabeth I is a long way from the films and TV series we have seen recently.

My only slight disappointment was that they didn't sing "There's Always A Woman".

April Saul
#28re: Exciting spring season for plays
Posted: 2/17/09 at 12:00am

So which of these great plays do you guys think will be on TDF? I'm crossing my fingers that some of these, at least for the first week or two of their performances, might pop up...am I dreaming here? I mean, Country Girl was, and that had McDormand, Freeman and Gallagher going for it...

BroadwayBoy2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBoy2
#29re: Exciting spring season for plays
Posted: 2/18/09 at 10:57am

How much were tickets for Coast of Utpopia on marathon days? I'm assuming Norman will be less expensive, but I am just curious so I can have a ballpark idea.

I'll have them clawing at eachother, like drag queens at a wig sale"

Morgaine885
#30re: Exciting spring season for plays
Posted: 2/18/09 at 5:26pm

I am excited for reasons to be pretty.

I think it might be the dark horse of the season...

Videos