Wick3
#50Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/2/17
Posted: 4/5/17 at 9:06am

Updated On: 4/5/17 at 09:06 AM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#51Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/2/17
Posted: 4/5/17 at 10:37am

GreenGables said: "neonlightsxo said: "Sunday doesn't seem like it's going to recoup, to me at least.

"

Its got a super low weekly run (for a musical) and is printing in the $1.2m range - I'd be surprised if we dont see an announcement at closing that they've recouped. 

"

What is SITPWG's initial investment to recoup? What is the weekly running costs? Presuming the weekly running cost is around $500k and weekly gross for the show average of $1 million for ten weeks, then the show will recoup if the initial investment is below $5 million. If the initial investment is above $7 million, I'm not sure if it will recoup.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#52Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/2/17
Posted: 4/5/17 at 11:18am

LesWickedly said: "That's really amazing for Come From Away. I think everyone can admit that they thought it would be having a short life here, when it was first announced, but so happy to see them have success."

Almost nobody who saw it out of town thought that. We knew better.

Taylor1233
#53Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/2/17
Posted: 4/5/17 at 12:20pm

Sunday recouped this week. Expect an announcement in the next week or two.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#54Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/2/17
Posted: 4/5/17 at 12:55pm

^ wow! I hope so. Also, I'm assuming they were waiting to recoup before announcing a cast recording. Hopefully that's the reason for no announcement yet. 

Whateverjsays
#55Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/2/17
Posted: 4/5/17 at 1:09pm

ljay889 said: "^ wow! I hope so. Also, I'm assuming they were waiting to recoup before announcing a cast recording. Hopefully that's the reason for no announcement yet. 

"

I thought the same thing. I couldn't make it back to see it before it closed, but I need this preserved asap 

GreenGables Profile Photo
GreenGables
#56Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/2/17
Posted: 4/5/17 at 10:09pm

Wick3 said:
What is SITPWG's initial investment to recoup? What is the weekly running costs? Presuming the weekly running cost is around $500k and weekly gross for the show average of $1 million for ten weeks, then the show will recoup if the initial investment is below $5 million. If the initial investment is above $7 million, I'm not sure if it will recoup.

"

I'd rather not get into specifics, but they were well under $5mm.  $500k weekly run is a good ballpark (including royalties).  I think most of the people involved had a good sense they'd recoup before it even opened

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#57Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/2/17
Posted: 4/5/17 at 11:52pm

GreenGables said: "
I'd rather not get into specifics, but they were well under $5mm.  $500k weekly run is a good ballpark (including royalties).  I think most of the people involved had a good sense they'd recoup before it even opened"

Ah ok I wasn't sure if it was published before someplace or not. I just made those estimates for easy math but if the inital investment is below $5m, then yeah I can totally see SITPWG recouping! I really hope they record it on broadwayHD!!! 

Videos