MUNY 2015

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#50MUNY 2015
Posted: 7/22/15 at 9:28pm

I thought Heather sounded absolutely wonderful.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#51MUNY 2015
Posted: 7/22/15 at 11:55pm

^ I did as well. She gave it some R&B type qualities that I enjoyed. I'm sure her full performance is wonderful.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#52MUNY 2015
Posted: 7/23/15 at 12:19am

I'll add that I thought Headley sounded fantastic.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

beagle Profile Photo
beagle
#53MUNY 2015
Posted: 7/23/15 at 9:31pm

I saw the show on opening night, and loved it! Here's my blog review:

Into the Woods at the Muny

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#54MUNY 2015
Posted: 7/26/15 at 1:33am

I caught Into the Woods on Friday night and it was absolutely glorious in every sense of the word. I adored the set. I loved the way it moved, and thought the way they used the story books were ingenious and wonderful. There was not a single weak link. EVERYONE was cast perfectly. Heather Headley is giving a performance that will be talked about forever, and those who miss it will be jealous for just as long. She brought something very special to the Witch. I can't put my finger on it, but it worked in a way that it never has before (not saying other actresses didn't work, just that Headley cracked the code). Rob McClure was just delightful as The Baker. He sings the score beautifully and hits the comedic moments out of the park. Erin. Dilly. What can I say? Her performance was flawless in every sense of the word. She is a glorious singer and played the comedic bits without overselling them. One thing I really liked about her Baker's Wife was that she was just a bit goofy. It added a lightness to what can become quite a downer of a role. Elena Shadow was just wonderful as Cinderella. Her scenes with Erin were some of my favorites of the night. Jason Gotay was a great Jack and again, played the comedy with out making it a shtick. Sara Kapner was perfect as Little Red, and hit the comedy out of the park.

After the show I went to the stage door, and some cast members came out to sign. Rob, Erin, and Michael McCormick all signed my program and posed for photos. I was most excited to meet Erin. I've been a fan of hers for so long and she was unbelievably gracious. We chatted for a good 5 minutes about out shared love for A CHRISTMAS STORY, and she even said that she wants to bring it back to NYC. Oy, I need to find the most embarrassing stage door thread, because this takes the cake. She had a small tray with some kind of food in it that she had been nibbling on while singing. She handed my back my sharpie and and as I brought it downward to put into my pocket, the top of it hooked on to her tray and flipped it out of her hand. I. COULD. HAVE. DIED. I was so mortified and imediately started apologizing and helping her pick stuff up. She could not have been sweeter. She told told me that she was done with it and that it wasn't a big deal, but I was so red from embarrassment. She put her hand on my cheek and proceeded to give me a hug saying that there was no harm done. She thanked me for taking the time to chat with her. Even tough I will always be super embarrassed to tell this story, it will go down as one of my favorite performer interactions ever. She was literally the nicest person I think I've ever met.

All the stage door stuff aside, I recommend anyone who is able, to see this production before it ends on Monday. I know it's taboo for me to say this, but I hope someone gets full audio and/or video of this production. It's way to good to only be preserved with a 6 minute promo clip. 

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#55MUNY 2015
Posted: 8/9/15 at 6:14pm

beagle, I PMed you.

Videos