pixeltracker

Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!- Page 3

Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!

LightsOut90
#50Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/6/21 at 9:45pm

did the show happen tonight?

weather this week is rough

AntV
#51Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/6/21 at 10:29pm

It didn't go on. At 9:15 the rain was clearing up and they said it would go in 20 minutes. Then shortly after the rain got worse again and they cancelled it. But we can reschedule for another date so that's nice.

Looks like weather will be bad again tomorrow, don't think I'll risk it again.

Updated On: 7/6/21 at 10:29 PM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#52Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/6/21 at 10:30pm

Got canceled due to weather

toddles
#53Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/7/21 at 9:10am

How do we reschedule?

PlayItAgain
#54Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/7/21 at 10:41pm

seems tonights show happened

anyone go?

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#55Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/8/21 at 12:50pm

I can't wait to hear first reactions. I'm all excited to see people's first impressions. It almost feels like pre-Covid times, waiting for the earliest word to leak out. I haven't won tickets yet, but I'm determined to keep trying!

brdway411
#56Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/8/21 at 3:02pm

Just won Standby line tickets for tonight. Super easy to win day of. Good seats too. Will report back later tonight.

brdway411
#57Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/8/21 at 3:17pm

Double post 

Updated On: 7/8/21 at 03:17 PM

OceansJenny Profile Photo
OceansJenny
#58Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/8/21 at 4:31pm

brdway411 said: "Just won Standby line tickets for tonight. Super easy to win day of. Good seats too. Will report back later tonight. "

You did the texting method for Standby I’m assuming?

OceansJenny Profile Photo
OceansJenny
#59Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/8/21 at 4:31pm

Double post

Updated On: 7/8/21 at 04:31 PM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#60Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/8/21 at 4:32pm

It’s probably easier to win standby if the weather doesn’t look too good for the evening as patrons cancel and reschedule.

brdway411
#61Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/8/21 at 4:57pm

OceansJenny said: "brdway411 said: "Just won Standby line tickets for tonight. Super easy to win day of. Good seats too. Will report back later tonight. "

You did the texting method for Standby I’m assuming?
"

Yes, I entered right at noon. It's the only way to do stand by from what the theater is saying. Tickets are all digital. Got tickets emailed around 2:15. 

If you are doing standby you will need a Public Theater account (free) and will need to know your account number to enter the "standby line". I tried entering the last 2 days and yesterday was in the middle of entering my info and they closed the line, so have the info handy and be ready at noon. 

Also, not too concerned about the weather. Its a 10 minute subway ride to the park. Got some towels, a poncho, wine in plastic bottle and cheese. If worse comes to worse, it's a slightly wet party. 

Updated On: 7/8/21 at 04:57 PM

LightsOut90
#62Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/8/21 at 5:20pm

highly doubt the show happens tonight…

brdway411
#63Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/8/21 at 10:50pm

There was a show, just got out. Runs around 2 hours with applause. Started around 40 minutes late. No playbills. One of the best productions I have seen at the Delacorte. Just go if you can. It has all the feels. Audience was sparce due to weather. We had a whole prime row to our selves. The cast and sets are incredible.

We were in Section J Row M Seats 606 607. Had whole row to our selves Half a row in front of us empty and no one directly behind us. 

Updated On: 7/8/21 at 10:50 PM

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#64Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/10/21 at 12:21am

What a delightful production! There was an added bit of suspense at lightning flashed in the distance for the final half hour, but they finished under the wire, and a voice came in to tell the cast to skip curtain call due to a lightning storm. A (deserved) standing ovation followed anyway.

This is a fabulously adapted and updated version, and while the whole cast is fantastic, it needs to be said that Jacob Ming-Trent is killing it as a hilarious Falstaff.

The set is a delight, the pacing is swift, and the punchlines land beautifully. It’s incredible to be back in an audience.

NievesG Profile Photo
NievesG
#65Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/10/21 at 11:26am

Got this email today regarding the show for tonight (can't wait!!)

RE: Important, Merry Wives policy change.

"IMPORTANT NOTICE:

We have adjusted our proof of vaccination and face mask policies. 

People ticketed into Full Capacity sections must show proof of full vaccination prior to entering The Delacorte. We will accept all forms that show vaccination i.e. card, photo of card, print out, etc. Physically Distanced sections do not need to show proof or negative testing for entry. 

Everyone (ages 2+), regardless of vaccination status, must wear a face mask at all times in the theater and when moving around. Those in Full Capacity sections have the option to remove their mask when sitting in their ticketed seat. Those in Physically Distanced sections must keep their face mask on at all times, except while eating and drinking.

Thank you for following these procedures and for doing your part to keep us all Safe in the Park."

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#66Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/10/21 at 10:25pm

My friend won tickets to tonight’s show, Saturday, July 10, and we were both looking forward to it. It started to rain lightly as we were waiting for the show to start and then became harder. A hold was announced.

The Accuweather app said that the rain would continue for 40 minutes and would be heavy at times. We decided to bail at that point, and I don’t even know if the show went on or not. I’m very sorry not to have seen it and hope to get another chance this summer!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#67Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/10/21 at 11:40pm

It started right around 10pm. I had a train to catch, so I only saw about 40 minutes, but it was a lot of fun.

Updated On: 7/10/21 at 11:40 PM

ahhrealmonsters
#68Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/11/21 at 12:51am

I just got home - the show started at 10 after 2 hours of consistent rain, and it ended around 11:50 (got out of the park after midnight). Very Shakespeare, very Delacorte. I loved it. I went in knowing nothing about Merry Wives (the original or this adaptation), and while I often find Shakespeare difficult to understand in this situation, I was able to follow the plot - it was very clear, hat tip to Jocelyn Bioh's adaptation and Saheem Ali's directing. Jacob Ming-Trent was a stand-out. I've seen him in shows for years, and he finally got his leading role, very deservingly so.

I got tickets off the virtual standby line. I texted right at noon, filled out the digital form the moment I got it (make sure to have your Public Theater account number ready!), and received the email confirmation/tickets by 1:30.

A great first show since March 2020, even though I got soaking wet.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#69Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/11/21 at 12:55am

Saw this on Thursday night, and while I wasn’t as impressed as most on the board, I still had an enjoyable evening at my first SITP at the Delacorte.

I found the adaptation to be well-integrated with Shakespeare’s text and well-acted by a great cast. I’ll echo the particular praise for Ming-Trent. He had most fully realized his character.

I found the play sometimes took itself too seriously, especially toward the end. Overall, though, an enjoyable production worth checking out!

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#70Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/11/21 at 6:51am

Wow, I give you Saturday night people credit for waiting out a hold of two hours! I was soaking wet after sitting there for 15 minutes. 

ahhrealmonsters, thanks for the info about the text-message standby. Speed is of the essence! The instructions make it sound you can enter anytime after 12 noon, but now we all know better!

Updated On: 7/11/21 at 06:51 AM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#71Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/11/21 at 2:39pm

I was there last night and so glad I stayed! Loved the costumes, the set, and of course, the actors!  I never read the play beforehand but went with a friend who is familiar with it and both of us enjoyed the evening despite the rain delay.

Also, always be prepared. Throughout the day rain wasn't in the forecast. I ended up bringing my rain poncho just in case and am glad I did! It started to drizzle/rain after the director speeches and thus the rain delay. From overhearing some of the ushers, it sounds like production have to make a final call by 9:30pm whether or not to cancel the show or go on with it (I believe the theater has to be empty by midnight?) Anyways, luckily the rain lightened up by 9:30 and the show started around 10pm. I left the theater at 11:50pm and followed a small crowd who walked through Central Park to go east. 

SouthernCakes
#72Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/11/21 at 3:31pm

Can you expound on the set? Love seeing Shakespeare in the Park and what they do with the space.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#73Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/11/21 at 6:56pm

Here's the set, and I forgot to mention that Phylicia Rashad was there last night, at least before the rain. I happened to be standing at the gate entrance, and, when the staff member greeted someone very enthusiastically, I looked over, and there she was, masked, but instantly recognizable.

Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!

SouthernCakes
#74Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/12/21 at 1:30am

Does it move around or what does it do? Just love sets and everyone seems to be praising it.

Videos