Wicked Blooper

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#50re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wicked Blooper
Posted: 5/5/04 at 8:02am

krista....

Welcome. I see you're new. And have missed the DOZENS of Wicked blooper threads that have come before...they don't have the same thread title....but it's all the same stuff...over and over. This has been arguably the topic of greatest discussion for months. The same silly recurring bloopers. So I should probably take your advice and just ignore all things Wicked (and for the record, I enjoyed the show when I saw it) and all the adolescent giggling that goes on over the wacky antics of the leading ladies. But whether I have a pole up my ass about this or not (and you will find plenty of people who think I do)...I still feel compelled to drop into a thread every so often and repeat my objections. Because I honestly DO believe that this phenomenon is the top of a very slippery slope.

And trust me, I know full well why the thread was created. And I'll bet the bank there will be many more such threads to follow. So I'll just take that chill pill until the next one pops up. When at some point I'm sure I'll foolishly be moved to voice my concerns yet one more time. C'est la vie.

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#51re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wicked Blooper
Posted: 5/5/04 at 8:29am

flit, I for one do not believe you have a pole up your butt, or that you are in need of a chill pill. But from the soun of this thread, maybe the folks at the Gershwin should take a look at the tech folks back stage. I mentioned this to my brother-in-law (who has 20+ years as a techie) his comment was that something is not right backstage, bnut the folks on stage should behave more like pros. Just my 2 cents
Barbara

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

jezzebelle
#52re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wicked Blooper
Posted: 5/5/04 at 3:50pm

Yup, tech stuff does go wrong (although from the sounds of it, it happens a bit too often there) but the tech people aren't at fault for how the actresses decide to behave during the problem. Giggling and stuff to that nature is unprofessional and there are ways to handle things that go wrong in a professional manner (the story involving Harvey and Marissa is a great example). We pay $100 to see a show and part of that is professional acting.

Regarding community theatre...as someone who's involved in community theatre, you don't see as much giggling and breaking of character as you see in some so-called "professional productions".

-Jess

alwy15
#53re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wicked Blooper
Posted: 5/5/04 at 3:52pm

what's the harvey and marissa story you're referring to?

Broadwaylilhead Profile Photo
Broadwaylilhead
#54re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wicked Blooper
Posted: 5/5/04 at 7:23pm

Those silly kids.....

Call it a regime change...

jezzebelle
#55re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wicked Blooper
Posted: 5/5/04 at 7:46pm

Sorry, the Harvey and Marissa story was told by someone else here that posted (I'm not sure who, please remind me.) and a techinal problem occured during a performance of Hairspray, so Harvey and Marissa sat on the edge of the stage and bantered about their day. Ten or so minutes later when it was fixed, they jumped right back up and continued where they had left off, without missing a beat. It was a great example of professionalism, so whoever brought it up, thanks. :)

-Jess

TheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
#56re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wicked Blooper
Posted: 5/5/04 at 9:13pm

I saw POTO in February. At the end of the show the phantom throws that girl manikin in a fit of rage. Well when he did that the manikin's shirt pops off, not many people saw - i did because i was in the first row. Well Hugh Panaro, the phantom, didnt notice it at first. He turns around sees the bra (or bare chest - i forgot which) and started a laugh but turned it into an agonizing scream and made it totally work. Now that is a blooper you can tell people thats funny AND keeps the professionalism.

Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"

WickedRocks24
#57BIG BLOOPER IN WICKED!!!!
Posted: 5/14/04 at 6:32pm

When I saw the musical Wicked for the second time, Kristen tripped on stage. She landed on her butt. The audience was laughing hysterically. Then she said "That's a slip spot, Fiero saw it too." She said this because Fiero was laughing. Then, when they resumed the scene and Fiero was supposted to be behind Glinda, he jumped over the spot and took his position.

WickedRocks24
#58BIG BLOOPER IN WICKED!!!!
Posted: 5/14/04 at 6:33pm

When I saw the musical Wicked for the second time, Kristen tripped on stage. She landed on her butt. The audience was laughing hysterically. Then she said "That's a slip spot, Fiero saw it too." She said this because Fiero was laughing. Then, when they resumed the scene and Fiero was supposted to be behind Glinda, he jumped over the spot and took his position.

boborunstheshow Profile Photo
boborunstheshow
#59BIG BLOOPER IN WICKED!!!!
Posted: 5/17/04 at 2:15am

I'll admit to having a bootlegged copy of "popular" (A sin that ive paid for) When Glinda breaks into the first Lalalas her voice falters and she starts laughing and so does the audience. i have never thought for a second that she would have broken character. I figured that she saw or did something to Idina that startled her character. My idea of broadway actors has been tainted. And im no longer in love with Kristin. I was before. Not anymore. Shes lost my affection.

Its Aberqurque NM for me. Speaking Spanish. Be Back September 06.

VIETgrlTerifa
#60BIG BLOOPER IN WICKED!!!!
Posted: 5/17/04 at 3:34am

Yes! How dare Kristin do something like that! BIG BLOOPER IN WICKED!!!!

"I've got to get me out of here This place is full of dirty old men And the navigators and their mappy maps And moldy heads and pissing on sugar cubes While you stare at your books."

iruvyou Profile Photo
iruvyou
#61BIG BLOOPER IN WICKED!!!!
Posted: 5/17/04 at 7:42am

When i saw wicked glinda has a lot of trouble getting the hairclip (i think it was)out of elphie's hair during popular

Bobby is my hobby and I'm givin' it up!

Videos