pixeltracker

Dance Of The Vampires................- Page 3

Dance Of The Vampires................

IssaMe
#50re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Dance Of The Vampires................
Posted: 7/8/03 at 11:03am

While I agree with almost all that mcphan19 wrote, I know for a fact that the lead producers of DOTV very, very much cared about this show and were devastated by what happened to it.

All kinds of things were considered to save it but, in the end, nothing could be done for a lot of reasons.

These were very professional people as producers (not only in the theater world but in other media too)...but in addition were people who very much loved the show.

I do think, however, that someone should have stepped in with (oh well, I guess about a quarter of a million more) the money to record a cast CD.

But it wasn't going to be Steinman who disavowed this edition of the show...and since the show will be changed considerably for future foreign productions, those who control the rights had no real incentive to preserve this particular hybrid version of it which won't live on elsewhere. They will go with the English-language demo instead.

luluhed Profile Photo
luluhed
#51re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Dance Of The Vampires................
Posted: 7/8/03 at 11:22am

I totally agree about the cast album comment. Although I do have a few 'other' versions, lol, I would have loved this cast's recording.

aurora1958 Profile Photo
aurora1958
#52re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Dance Of The Vampires................
Posted: 7/14/03 at 3:23am

Check out praylewd.com. You can download the songs from the 1/24 performance and make your own OCR.

aurora1958 Profile Photo
aurora1958
#53re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Dance Of The Vampires................
Posted: 7/14/03 at 3:27am

Erik, I have to agree with you with the way Total Eclipse was staged...it kind of looked like they were just singing at each other , there were problems to be sure. But it certainly wasan't the garbage so many people tried to make it out to be.

Videos