pixeltracker

most touching moments in the theatre- Page 3

most touching moments in the theatre

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#50re: most touching moments in the theatre
Posted: 2/1/05 at 5:54pm

In RAGTIME, when after Coalhouse and Father shake hands, Coalhouse starts to walk away but Father doesn't let go of his hand and says to him "He's a fine boy." For some reason this killed me every time. re: most touching moments in the theatre

paphillyguy
#51re: most touching moments in the theatre
Posted: 2/1/05 at 6:02pm

I have to say I am what I am in LaCage
I'll cover you reprise in Rent

and one that is powerful and touching Petrified in Taboo

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#52re: most touching moments in the theatre
Posted: 2/1/05 at 6:50pm

Infinitetheatrefrenzy: I'm with you, but my moment in "42nd Street" is the opening. It brought tears to my eyes everytime I saw it (the revival).

Ragtime - when Coalhouse and Sarah are reunited. It got me everytime as well.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

RumTumTugger22 Profile Photo
RumTumTugger22
#53re: most touching moments in the theatre
Posted: 2/1/05 at 7:27pm

YA! Raul did such a good job with that song it's so amazing.

CAGES OR WINGS? WHICH DO YOU PREFER? ASK THE BIRDS. FEAR OR LOVE, BABY? DON'T SAY THE ANSWER, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

Sant
#54re: most touching moments in the theatre
Posted: 2/1/05 at 7:27pm

Some of the most touching moments:

The final moments of THE KING AND I. When everyone's looking at Chulalongkorn(sp?) who's teaching his siblings and the wives how to bow to him and the-oh-so-beautiful "Something Wonderful" is underscoring the scene and then Anna turns to look at the King who has died and she takes his hand and kneels beside him and the music climaxes... I was bawling my eyes out!!!

The end of THE PHANTOM OF... When the Phantom sings that "Christine, I love you!"... it's heartbreaking!

Sant
#55re: most touching moments in the theatre
Posted: 2/1/05 at 7:33pm

Oh and I almost forgot:

From SHOW BOAT revival, the "Bill" scene! I have never seen (before or since!) seen anyone get standing ovation in the middle of a show but this actress who played Julie in London's production of H.Prince's Show Boat got the (crying) audience on its feet after she had finished the song. The emotion she put into that song was unbelievable!

tHepHantOmeTTeoFtHeOpeRa
#56re: most touching moments in the theatre
Posted: 2/1/05 at 7:33pm

the scene in little women at the beach is so sad...and also the end of phantom! omg just listening to the soundtrack makes me feel like im going to cry!!

You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night..... Kiss me goodbye I'm defying gravity.... Mother said straight ahead no to delay or be mislead...

worrell4077
#57re: most touching moments in the theatre
Posted: 2/1/05 at 8:34pm

For me it would be...

Avenue Q- During "Fantasies come true" when Rod realizes it's just a dream.

Little Shop-When Audrey tells Seymour to feed her to the plant and then dies in his arms( I always sobb when I hear it on the ablum.)

The Producers- At the end when Leo finally gets to wear the producers hat.

Dracula- When Arthur has to perform the task of staking Lucy.

The Boy From Oz- Before "Don't Cry out loud", when Peter's father kills himself.

Urinetown- "Tell her I love her", is another one that touches me in a sad way, with Little Sally saying Bobby's dying words to everyone.

" I heard Broadway's dead, but that's ridiculous."
Extreme Ghostbusters : The Great Frightway
After 15 years, The Ghostbusters are leaving
Universal Studios-02/19/05
Updated On: 2/1/05 at 08:34 PM

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#58re: most touching moments in the theatre
Posted: 2/1/05 at 8:37pm

Out of Fashion from Taboo, Written in the Stars from Aida and many songs from rent. they are all just so touching and make me cry and I just love them. It makes me want to be an actress

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#59re: most touching moments in the theatre
Posted: 2/1/05 at 8:38pm

i forgot to mention earlier but there's a fine fine line from ave q. I felt so bad!

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

Videos