Boring Roles...

cathyhyatt
#50re: Boring Roles...
Posted: 2/5/05 at 2:45pm

i DISAGREE with dorothy..im playing that role now...it's what you do with it...it could be boring...but its what u bring the role..

"You won't fight without layers of armor Suit on up and come brace my sword You look back when the pieces are missing Hollowed out hope that no time can restore."

magic8ball Profile Photo
magic8ball
#51re: Boring Roles...
Posted: 2/5/05 at 3:25pm

Hope and Billy from "Anything Goes!" are the most boring couple in the history of musical theatre. They are overshadowed by EVERY other character in that show.

"Goodness is rewarded. Hope is guaranteed. Laughter builds strong bones. Right will intercede. Things you've said I often find I need, indeed. I see the world through your eyes. What's black and white is colorized. The knowledge you most dearly prized I'm eager to employ. You said that life has infinite joys."

Sant
#52re: Boring Roles...
Posted: 2/5/05 at 3:25pm

Justice, I did realise Younger Brother was in love with Evelyn, that comes pretty clear in the stage show and as far as I'm concerned it was a pretty pointless sub-plot - they could have written it better, but still I didn't (and don't) see Evelyn as an essential or interesting or even necessary character in the show as it was performed. But that's just my opinion...

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#53re: Boring Roles...
Posted: 2/5/05 at 3:29pm

Your opinion is noted...however Ragtime was a book, then a movie, then a stage musical, therefore making Evelyn a necessity. :)

But, then again, I'm talking about Cliff from Cabaret being boring, even though it was a true story, written into a play , then a musical. It's because of that lead character, I do not like Cabaret.

In my opinion, I love "Crime of the Century" and "Atlantic City". If I were a woman, I would have a lot of fun with that part. (Maybe you saw a bad production - or bad Nesbitt)

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.
Updated On: 2/5/05 at 03:29 PM

Videos