pixeltracker

A "Christian" Version of RENT?- Page 3

A "Christian" Version of RENT?

The Grovers Corners Yenta
#50re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/10/05 at 4:56pm

DollyPop......Do you have a role for a funny yet voluptuous Jewish woman who can sing? I would love to be in this musical. Have your people call my people andwe will dicuss. Ta Ta dahling.

"Friends are the people you chose as family."....Me.

boatsintheghetto Profile Photo
boatsintheghetto
#51re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/10/05 at 8:31pm

Hi....what's up with this? like is it a real thing? if it is, what is the website?

Dollypop
#52re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/10/05 at 9:30pm

Yenta,

Loretta Swit is presently in negotiations to play the voluptuous nun, Sister Mary Magnesia. This is the character who sings the show's genuine hit: "How Do You Solve a Problem Like Edema?". However, Ms Swit's salary demands are becoming so bizarre that we may have to look for another nun. Don't call us, we'll call you.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 2/10/05 at 09:30 PM

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#53re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/10/05 at 9:31pm

Plus she's having a really hard time going through menopause and I hear she's impossible to work with.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Dollypop
#54re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/10/05 at 9:33pm

I hope that last message isn't a reference to Yenta. Yenta has proven to be a genuine delight now that she's stopped drinking.

munkustrap178
#55re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/10/05 at 9:35pm

No Dolly, it's completely about Loretta. I'm surprised you hadn't heard.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

#56re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/10/05 at 9:36pm

DollyPop, I will do the role for nothing but a bus ticket from Hartford and a dozen good New York Bagels. I am cheap and easy to work with. Yep, that's me...cheap and easy.

Dollypop
#57re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/10/05 at 9:40pm

....cheap and easy....and when you wear the wrong outfit you look like a walking tundra.

#58re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/10/05 at 9:42pm

You already used that line on me last week. Would you please get some new material already???

Dollypop
#59re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/10/05 at 9:53pm

The fact remains that some of your outfits look like they've been run over by your cousin Marty's lawnmower.

munkustrap178
#60re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/10/05 at 9:54pm

Is there a part in LENT for Marty?

Dollypop
#61re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/10/05 at 9:57pm

I don't know if there's a part in LENT for Marty, but there may be a role that can easily be played by his lawnmower. Come to think of it, Marty's mother could play the role of the lawnmower very nicely. She has the emotional depth of a small gas engine.

munkustrap178
#62re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/10/05 at 9:58pm

That sounds about right for a few actresses I know...Idina Menzel could always come in and make a cameo as the lawnmower. It would atleast bring in some non-Christian's who wouldn't have otherwise seen the show.

#63re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/10/05 at 9:59pm

Munkus.........My cousin Marty isn't the theater type. He installs hot tubs for a living. And by the way, Dollypop......as far as my clothing is concerned they are high priced designer schmattas bought at a very exclusive shop in Hartford.

Updated On: 2/11/05 at 09:59 PM

Dollypop
#64re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/10/05 at 10:01pm

Oh my dear! That's the same place where Corine buys her mumu's!!!!

munkustrap178
#65re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/10/05 at 10:06pm

That's where my Uncle Sherry gets his embroidered fanny packs!!!! SMALL WORLD!

Akitarent
#66re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/11/05 at 10:31am

Dear Friends,

I am looking for your input =)

Recently I had the pleasure of working with the Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS team to produce, direct and also perform in a benefit entitled, “Broadway Rocks”, rock and pop songs from Broadway. The cast was all student volunteers (some with CD’s, music majors, theatre majors), who regardless of strenuous workload worked their ass off to make this happen. I even recruited artists – local and afar to design the set and display and promote their artwork. I did virtually everything (cast, advertised, directed, found venues, created the ideas, designed the website/program cover) and there was much success. I know it is nothing compared to how much money Broadway has raised, but in four days we made a great deal of money and played not only in Staten Island, but at the prestigious La MaMa E.T.C., in Manhattan, where we were sold out. Because of the large response, we are planning another show with time better and bigger. Because I want to do my best to make sure the benefit/cabaret appeals to an array of people, I’m asking your input!

I was tossing a few ideas around (the theme of Love/Revenge (songs from Broadway, Popular, Rock –leaving revenge for Act Two), “You’re Fired” (tentative title, singing songs from Broadway that were canned early on in their run (think “Dance of the Vampires”, “Merrily We Role Along”). “Cut/Uncut”: doing songs from Broadway shows that have been cut (like songs from Avenue Q, Andrew Lloyd Webber shows…) But the big one, our cast is hoping for is to do a Rent themed show coinciding with their 9th Anniversary. We would invite current, and Rent alumni as well as Broadway performers who have wanted to be in the show (i.e. John Tartaglia), to join us. I’ve noticed whenever a cast member has a concert they jazz up some Rent songs (Take Me Or Leave Me, Out Tonight, One Song Glory, I’ll Cover You, among others). So the songs would kind of be “remixed” and cast members would be invited (no real rehearsal time for cast member that already have the songs in their repertoire. Also, the show would go in a linear fashion, telling how Rent was created (using Jonathan Larson’s other songs, the 1994 New York Theatre Workshop version of “Rent”, as well as La Bohemé, giving a cast that is extensive in rock and opera a change to do both). Also excerpts from songs could be performed by the Broadway cast and the amateur cast. The audience could vote whom they liked better (I’m sure Broadway!) by “voting”: donating money to the “Amateur” or “Broadway” collection. At the end of the night we could see who won. Also it’s a great, easy way to promote the show (since we will only be doing highlights), reunite old and new cast members (also, I believe “Rent: The Movie” will be doing their exterior shots on location around that time in New York City), as well as promote theatre to people who have not experienced it –while raising a hell of a lot of money for such a noble cause. I don’t know who I would need to get permission from to attempt this. It would be great to have your support, as well as I would love as much input as I can get and as much talent as you can donate to this great cause.

With love,
Truly

Neal Bennington

NealBennington1@Hotmail.com
NealBennngton@yahoo.com

PERSONAL WEBSITES:
www.geocities.com/nealbennington/i.htm http://groups.msn.com/NealBennington/shoebox.msnw

seasons of love Profile Photo
seasons of love
#67re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/11/05 at 5:37pm

Where can I find out more about LENT?

"I am unfinished- I am diminished With or without you..."

boatsintheghetto Profile Photo
boatsintheghetto
#68re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/11/05 at 8:00pm

thats what i asked but everyone keeps going on about it and doesnt answere the questions b

Dollypop
#69re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/11/05 at 8:10pm

To Seasons of Love:

If you want to find out more about Lent, I suggest you visit your pastor.

seasons of love Profile Photo
seasons of love
#70re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/11/05 at 8:40pm

hahahaha

"I am unfinished- I am diminished With or without you..."

Videos