pixeltracker

Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?- Page 3

Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#50re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:27am

Obviously I havent seen enough Broadway shows because I thought the dancing was fantastic...

Oh emcee him singing that is so brilliant! GUH I want a recording of him singing that. It was like eargasm time 100000000

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#51re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:29am

I spent 26.5 for student rush. Yeah, I need to say Chitty has the best student rush I ever get. I appreciate it very much.

However, I left feeling bad, even for that money. If a show is bad, it is just bad. You cannot cheat yourself.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#52re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:30am

eh, the dancing isn't all that bad. Perhaps unsophisticated, if you will, in comparison, but the dancers are together and it doesn't look that messy. I think the choreographer is pretty young and a relative newcomer, but I'm not sure.

I think that song alone is worth my twenty-five bucks. Heck, that vibrato alone is worth my twenty-five bucks. I might go this week. heh.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 7/18/05 at 12:30 AM

JKM2159
#53re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:35am

sanda how could you not of thought Jan Maxwell's performance as the Baroness is fabulous? Personally I think everything about this show is top notch and I think this is one of the few shows on Broadway that people can really get their moneys worth. I think CHITTY will run for maybe a year and a half to two years and then have an extremely succesful life on tour. The audiences night after night have been absolutely crazy about it. The problem is selling out that theater.

luvtheEmcee
#54re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:37am

Jan Maxwell is freaking brilliant.

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#55re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:39am

When I watched, in act 1, some kids around me were so bored that the parents had to take them out.

Act 2 is better, at least with that childcather, kids feel nervous.

Whether I wish it close or not doesn't count. Let's see if it can last. I don't think it will.

luvtheEmcee
#56re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:41am

Wait a minute - did you see it today? With student rush?

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#57re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:42am

No, I saw it on July 2.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#58re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:43am

Jan Maxwell really is incredible.

AHH I still like the dancing. I dunno dancers amaze me since I can't do that kind of dancing I suppose...

I certainly got my 70 dollars worth. agreed, even if I hated the whole show Hushabye Mountain would have made me love it all..

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

luvtheEmcee
#59re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:45am

July 2 - my calendar says that was a Saturday. They're doing rush every day now? Urgh, so confusing.

ETA - I've just checked Playbill, Talkin' Broadway AND Chitty's official site, and they no longer list that rush is only on certain days. This is a happy thought. Happy indeed.

Updated On: 7/18/05 at 12:45 AM

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#60re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:49am

Oh God if I could so Student rush I would stalk each and every member of the cast.

JKM2159
#61re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:49am

Yes, I believe if available they will sell student rush any day.

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#62re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:50am

The whole Act 1 bored me to hell.

There is only one minute, just one minute, when CCBB rise and turn and Raul and Erin and the two kids waved hands to audience and sung "chitty chitty bang bang, chitty chitty bang bang" .Honestly, I was excited as well.

That scene reminds me when I was in Disney magic kindom watching Cinderella and Prince waved hands in the parade. At that time I screamed to them happily. But for $70 I can stay in Disney for a whole day. If spent $70,waited for a long hour only for watching them waving, I should say that is too expensive.

luvtheEmcee
#63re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:50am

My weekends just became about ten times more fun.

ETA - how were the seats you got, sanda?

Updated On: 7/18/05 at 12:50 AM

JKM2159
#64re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:51am

sanda, you said in Act II it's better because the kids feel nervous... I'm just confused as to how that is better?

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#65re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:53am

fantastic seat. Orchestra, Row M 116.

luvtheEmcee
#66re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:54am

On a weekend, brilliant. *gleeful bounce*

JKM2159
#67re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:55am

luvtheemcee how many times have you seen the show?

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#68re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:56am

the childcatcher can catch the kids' attention.

Besides, act2 Marc did a nice job for that spanish dancing.

At the end, the kids are happy because the childcatcher will be hang to the ceiling and the CCBB will rise again and there is color paper falling from ceiling. Yeah! they are happy.

Those poor kids.
Updated On: 7/18/05 at 12:56 AM

luvtheEmcee
#69re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:58am

Four. *shuffles feet*

luvtheEmcee
#70re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 12:58am

bah, double post.

Updated On: 7/18/05 at 12:58 AM

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#71re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 1:01am

Hi,Emcee,

you must love Raul to the bone. Without that emotion it will be out of my imagination to think about anyone watch that show 4 times.

I am sorry again if I hurt you. Raul is a great actor. I love his Arbiter in Chess Concert. If there is a Chess revival in Bway, (one of my favorite show), I wish him doing Freddie.
Updated On: 7/18/05 at 01:01 AM

luvtheEmcee
#72re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 1:13am

I do. Very, very much. And it's okay. I get defensive with them, I guess.

gavrochegirl
#73re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 1:21am

Now I'm flattered at Chitty's progress, rather than worried. $1,000,000...that's amazing, eh? The only thing I'm worried about now is if it has a national tour. I'd have a hard decision between it, DRS, and Spamalot. :-/ I'll probably end up with DRS...

BUT anyway....

What the puck?!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#74re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 10:08am

The only thing that had me worried about Chitty's ticket sales was walking past the Hilton and seeing a big sign that said "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Tonight's performance: &:00 PM. Good seats avaliable!!"

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Videos