pixeltracker

Well, I finally saw the producers, and.....- Page 3

Well, I finally saw the producers, and.....

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#50re: Well, I finally saw the producers, and.....
Posted: 8/25/05 at 3:39pm

I saw the Producers when it toured San Diego. Before I arrived at the theatre I was bummed that no "names" were going to be in the show. So I thought to myself, "Well, better than being at home."

What I saw on stage had me laughing so hard! It was awesome. During the second act they had to use an understudy for the Max character since the original Max in actI hurt himself.

But never the less, the whole hearted laughs keep coming from the entire audience.

The Producers is surely one of my favorite shows. And Im looking forward to the movie version.

(I do have to say, MEL BROOKS isn't for everyone.)
Updated On: 8/25/05 at 03:39 PM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#51re: Well, I finally saw the producers, and.....
Posted: 8/25/05 at 3:49pm

I saw the show three times. I enjoyed it immensely two out of the three times. The one time I didn't like it was when I saw it with Brad Oscar and Steven Webber. The other two times were with the "A Team" (Lane, Broderick, Beach, and Bart) and it was wonderful.

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#52re: Well, I finally saw the producers, and.....
Posted: 8/25/05 at 5:03pm

I'm not even bothering to read the next two pages on this thread, because the first one just came across as being so ridiculous. Have any of you EVER seen a Mel Brooks comedy? That's what The Producers IS people! I have no idea if the current cast is any good or not, I only know that in it's first year it was the funniest show I'd ever seen on the stage. Mel has the same effect on me as .... Groucho Marx. He doesn't even have to say anything and I'll start laughing anyway. The Producers (musical) was a perfect take on the film and the film was hysterical. Honestly - if the show were half as bad as you all say, it would have closed by.... page 4 of the script. (And if you don't know what that means, then you haven't seen the show.)

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#53re: Well, I finally saw the producers, and.....
Posted: 8/25/05 at 5:34pm

I saw the recent tour of the Producers, I went in not expecting to like the show becuase I had heard the OBCR and did not like ANY of the songs. However, the show cracked my skin (that means I laughed a lot). I had never seen MB or NL so I didn't have anything to compare it to. Also, being a fan of Mel Brooks films, I knew what kind of humor to expect from the show and therefore was not offended by anything. What exactly was so offensive? Maybe some people just take themselves too seriously? I thought the sets were good and the dancing was good too. However, I thought some of the more extravagant jokes fell flat - at least to me. I didn't think Springtime for Hitler was as funny as the people around me or the scene with the Old Ladies. However, the "keep it gay" scene had me on the floor, i was in tears. I don't know why so many people are b**tching over this, if you don't like it, then don't go see it. It already won the Tonys, you can't change it, so just get over it and move on. (However, I do think the Full Monty score was way way better than the Producers - I don't know what the tony voters were thinking. Although, i guess i could see how the score is funny and accompies the show nicely.)

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#54re: Well, I finally saw the producers, and.....
Posted: 8/25/05 at 6:26pm

I must admit that Producers is my least favorite of the musicals I have seen live and on stage (of professional quiality). But by no means do I hate it, it's simply mediocre (to me anyway).

The songs aren't really memorable and honestly that to me is as important as the story. I will forgive a musical if the story is okay but the music is awsome.

I had the advantage of seeing the OBC Ulla understudy at the touring production of this. She was incredible, and practically stole the show.

Not the best, but still enjoyable. Although I don't think I will see it again for a long time.

Dollypop
#55re: Well, I finally saw the producers, and.....
Posted: 8/25/05 at 6:36pm

I saw the show shortly after it opened and felt it was 2 hours of legalized screaming.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Videos