pixeltracker

Which plays should NEVER be turned into a musical.- Page 3

Which plays should NEVER be turned into a musical.

wackjack132 Profile Photo
wackjack132
#50re: Which plays should NEVER be turned into a musical.
Posted: 7/17/06 at 10:15am

Someone mentioned Three Days Of Rain, now, I'm not saying it should be done but, seeing as I'm the only one that liked that play...I think it could POSSIBLY work as a musical.

But besides that definitely Miracle Worker, Spoon River Anthology, and The History Boys

Oh, and I have to have my corny say in it...but Chorus Line should never be done as a "musical" but as a play w/ music in it.

JarNerdAV Profile Photo
JarNerdAV
#51re: Which plays should NEVER be turned into a musical.
Posted: 7/17/06 at 12:00pm

wackjack, you are not the only one who liked Three Days of Rain. I saw it the same weekend as I saw History Boys and maybe it was because my expectations were so low for Rain and so high for History Boys, I actually liked Rain a bit better, although I liked both very much. (I think part of my problem with History Boys was that there was an understudy in as Timms and he just didn't work for me--especially since I was reminded of the physical stature of the real actor everytime the video came on). As for Rain, I liked the story, themes, characters and performances very much.

Back to the original theme of the thread: I agree that Rain may work as a musical. I think that the relationships definitely sing.

waddledee524 Profile Photo
waddledee524
#52re: Which plays should NEVER be turned into a musical.
Posted: 7/17/06 at 5:30pm

"Hamlet is a musical. It's called THE LION KING."

Loosely. Very loosely.

Hear the words I sing: war's a horrid thing. So, I sing sing sing... Ding a ling a ling.

kaycee Profile Photo
kaycee
#53re: Which plays should NEVER be turned into a musical.
Posted: 7/17/06 at 5:39pm

"Hamlet is a musical. It's called THE LION KING."

.....you know, it kind of is!? I'm amazed at myself for not making a connection sooner.

the summer rain just brings us pain, Louison...

Videos