06-07 Musical Season

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#50re: 06-07 Musical Season
Posted: 8/6/06 at 8:00pm

"To AshelyBrownFan-

There is no way in hell that your namesake will win a Tony. Sorry. Maybe next time. We all know Christine Ebersole will win. I haven't even seen her perform in Grey Gardesns and I know she'll win.
Your predictions seem highly implauseable (sp), no offense."

jv92 - I'd like to go buy a winning lotto ticket. Care to share that crystal ball of yours so I can pick my numbers?

Non sarcastic translation: No, we DON'T all know that Ebersole will win. NOONE even knows for sure who will be nominated yet so let's not get ahead of ourselves, OK?

PS - it's spelled implausible.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#51re: 06-07 Musical Season
Posted: 8/6/06 at 8:01pm

She won every single award last year. The community loves her. I think she'll win. I think a lot of people will agree with me.

(PS- I thought it was spelt that way. Damnit!)

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#52re: 06-07 Musical Season
Posted: 8/6/06 at 8:06pm

Oh don't get me wrong, I think she has a good chance too! Thanks for rephrasing what you meant to say.

PersonofInterest Profile Photo
PersonofInterest
#53re: 06-07 Musical Season
Posted: 8/6/06 at 8:15pm

So, I'm trying to plan my trip to NY in October, but I am having trouble picking dates. I know Company is slated to open in November, does anyone know when it is starting previews? I would like to be able to catch GG, Company, ACL and Les Miz all on the same trip.

AshleyBrownFan123 Profile Photo
AshleyBrownFan123
#54re: 06-07 Musical Season
Posted: 8/6/06 at 10:46pm

None taken jv92, but just so everyone knows, Les Miz is the tour sets an d costumes, just in New York and with a different (but not exactley better) cast. I saw the tour and it rocked! But the tour cast should have stayed! Grey Gardens will not run more than a year because while awesome for off-Broadway, I'm not sure of this transfer. Same with Spring Awakening. Now if Curtains can open soon, this season will be busy! If the Les Miz run closes in March and not run forever because it's not suppose to because it had a 16 year run, Curtains can open in May!

Let us milk the cow that is theatre-Monica Trausch

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#55re: 06-07 Musical Season
Posted: 8/6/06 at 10:48pm

Anyone know anything about "Tale of Two Cities"?

AshleyBrownFan123
#56re: 06-07 Musical Season
Posted: 8/6/06 at 10:53pm

"She won every single award last year. The community loves her. I think she'll win. I think a lot of people will agree with me."

Christine Ebersole?

RentBoy86
#57re: 06-07 Musical Season
Posted: 8/7/06 at 1:28am

I think a lot of people said the same thing last year about Maria Friedmen (sp?) and Patti Lupone and neither of them one, and Maria wasn't even nominated. I have no doubt that Ebersole will be nominated, I'm not sure she's a "shoo-in" like many are saying. Who knows? Maybe Grey Gardens won't even run until May, maybe it will close early and the Tony voters will have either not seen it, or forgotten about it. There's really no way of saying. The women who originated the role of Mary Poppins in the West End took home the Oliver, so you never know. Remember, it is a Disney show, it has a way of casting a spell over people. And I'm talking a good Disney show, not crap.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#58re: 06-07 Musical Season
Posted: 8/7/06 at 9:39am

I have little faith in Ashley Brown. I do think Gavin Lee might just win. He was exceptional.

AshleyBrownFan123
#59re: 06-07 Musical Season
Posted: 8/7/06 at 3:30pm

"I do think Gavin Lee might just win. He was exceptional."

Really? I think Rebecca Luker has a great chance.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#60re: 06-07 Musical Season
Posted: 8/7/06 at 3:34pm

Unless Hyde Pierce surprises everyone, it's between Raul Esparza (sp?) and Gavin Lee, in my opinion. Mr. Lee was so dynamic in London. Yes, Nathan Lane deserved that Olivier. Had another actor played Bialystock in London, Gavin Lee would have won.

AshleyBrownFan123
#6107-08 Musical Season
Posted: 8/7/06 at 3:56pm

Just to be even crazier...

07-08 Season:
Cry-Baby
Sister Act
The Little Mermaid
Princesses
Nefertiti
Brave New World
A Tale Of 2 Cities
Curtains?

High Fidelity might be postponed if it can't find a theatre.

AshleyBrownFan123
#6207-08 Musical Season
Posted: 8/8/06 at 12:45pm

Never mind.

bwayondabrain
#6307-08 Musical Season
Posted: 8/8/06 at 4:03pm

i hope Laura Bell is at least NOMINATED next year for LEGALLY BLONDE...
and anyway, i cant wait for many of these shows next year- i can see all of them, so it'll be hard to pick which ones to see when I go to NYC next
but i really hope COMPANY or A CHORUS LINE will win the revival award next year- sort of leaning towards COMPANY though, just so an actors-playing-instruments show will get justice
:)

RentBoy86
#6407-08 Musical Season
Posted: 8/8/06 at 5:08pm

I think High Fidelity will find a theater, with Wedding Singer and Dirty Rotten both struggling to stay open, I think one of them will close before December. Although, I hear Curtains wants the Imperial.

AshleyBrownFan123
#6507-08 Musical Season
Posted: 8/9/06 at 12:43pm

Wedding Singer will close sooner than Scoundrels!

I can tell these things.

Updated On: 8/9/06 at 12:43 PM

bwayondabrain
#6607-08 Musical Season
Posted: 8/9/06 at 1:09pm

i rather have SCOUNDRELS close sooner- i think WEDDING SINGER is the better show! but they are both really great, and some of my favorite shows...too bad they are not such tourist draws...
07-08 Musical Season
the Al Hirschfeld seems to be cursed after all...

and please no one get mad at me for saying WEDDING SINGER is better than SCOUNDRELS...just an opinion!!!

Videos