pixeltracker

Neddys Wiz Review *UPDATED* **SPOILERS**- Page 3

Neddys Wiz Review *UPDATED* **SPOILERS**

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#50re: Neddys Wiz Review *Not Complete* ***SPOILERS***
Posted: 9/27/06 at 10:01pm

Gregory Maguire in the book WICKED is actually careful to not say what color the shoes are. In the musical, the shoes are silver but when their "power" is put into use, they are cast with a red light that makes them glow "ruby."

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#51re: Neddys Wiz Review *Not Complete* ***SPOILERS***
Posted: 9/27/06 at 10:15pm

This production certainly sounds...um...opulent. Which actually might be a nice change of pace from the more bare-bones Theater diet I've been on lately. I love this show, I hope I get to see it. I'm also one of the few who think's the film is good. Despite the Joel Schumacher screenplay.

Thespinoy Profile Photo
Thespinoy
#52re: Neddys Wiz Review *Not Complete* ***SPOILERS***
Posted: 9/28/06 at 3:09am

"Please Post this from neddyfrank2
on 9/25/06 @ 11:49:51 PM
Sorry, my account won't let me most this right now, but I was wondering if you could post this for me on the thread about my WIZ review.

It is the response to your post:

UPDATED!

Thespinoy- I really didn't try to make it sound cheesy at all. I didn't think it was cheesy when I was watching it, I just guess when you try to describe it, it sounds cheesy.

I never said that The Feeling WE Once Had was boring, it is just the least visually stunning number in the whole show. Compared to the rest it is very simple, nothing to exiciting. I don't know how else to explain it.

THANK YOU!
Neddy"

You're very welcome, Neddy, and thank you, too. - T

Mmm, Mmm, I feel sorry for the poor folk that got to pay to see this play. - The Maid from "Bullets Over Broadway."

SDJTactress
#53re: Neddys Wiz Review *Not Complete* ***SPOILERS***
Posted: 9/29/06 at 1:44pm

So the woman on the skate board flying is Evimene. I know this cause I was involved in the LJP Conservatory, and we got to go to rehersals and production meetings. I do agree that Brand New Day was the worst, but the harmonys in it are amazing. I saw it the first night, and Nikki, Titus, and Rashad were amazing. They did get a stand ovation. Lus they are revising alot of it. I have heard brand new day will be revamped. I will update you since i am going to see the show about 3 more times (free tix)The set and costumes are beyond brilliant. I never saw toto cam, it was cut last time i heard and it wasnt there when i saw it. PS. I was onstage and they only filmed live when they went in the audience so people onstage could see.

"If I could Feel" makes more sense then ever including everyone to say if they could think, be brave, feel, go home.
The new script is MUCH BETTER. I have seen the original and to be quite honest it was horrible. They collabarated with the original writers.

Nikki, who i met at company breakfast, is brilliant. I have always thought "Home" was purely cheesy. But she made it her own. I can't wait to see it again. Oh and the Ensemble is amazing, including SDJT alum, the girl who was the original Pyira in Bombay Dreams, and other well known actors.

After knowing what they have all been through in this process, this was a great ending result, and i am EXCITED to see what is going to change. Unlike Times they Are A Changin which was purely horrible, this has meat and can be changed and revamped. Plus they dont ruin someone else's mainstream songs in the process

Blue J
#54re: Neddys Wiz Review *Not Complete* ***SPOILERS***
Posted: 9/30/06 at 10:35pm

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here's a recent article on the production.

http://www.calendarlive.com/stage/cl-ca-wiz1oct01,0,6785443.story?coll=cl-stage

neddyfrank2
#55re: Neddys Wiz Review *Not Complete* ***SPOILERS***
Posted: 10/1/06 at 2:27am

Her name isn't Eviememe. Its Evilene, and I guess the skateboard replaced the broom.

Regarding TOTOCAM and Discoballs:
When you are watching the show it doesn't seem bad at all, it is just that when you try and describe it it soudnds...wierd and tacky. I know exactly what you mean about being biased towards anything new. In order to enjoy it you can't think of it as a revival (or if you saw the original, compare it). You need to think of it as an original musical, or else it will seem a bid...odd.

It needs some work (esspecially BRAND NEW DAY, I was very dissapointed)

And I am not sure about the disco ball concept (the theater is filled with them and they are more 80's then 2006), although I was told that they are not disco balls, but more of a lighting effect of mirrors and lights.

Edit: They added this whole thing where the witch can only be talked about using the name WWW or W3. This is without a doubt referring to George W. Bush Updated On: 10/1/06 at 02:27 AM

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#56re: Neddys Wiz Review *Not Complete* ***SPOILERS***
Posted: 10/1/06 at 9:21am

>> You need to think of it as an original musical, or else it will seem a bid...odd.

It seems a bit odd already, TTTT. :)

And now with oblique references to Bush. Ooooooo-kay..........

http://docandraider.com

neddyfrank2
#57re: Neddys Wiz Review *Not Complete* ***SPOILERS***
Posted: 11/19/06 at 2:24am

I went and saw it again today. The show seems more solid then before and the actors have really grown into their roles. I thought the best was still Titus but,David Alan Grier was also pretty darn great.

One thing I thought was VERY interesting was that they are one week until closing and they are still stopping the show. Right before the Tin Man's entrance they stopped the show and the actors cleared the stage. But I guess there is nothing they can do about it. The whole set is controlled by computers, and when the computers sense something wrong and it can be a piece of confetti stuck in the system or a person in front of the lazer, the computer will atomatically stop everything. All the people can do is wait for the computer to try and figure out what is wrong...

Videos