pixeltracker

Tony VOTERS consider Featured Tony "Little-cared about"?- Page 3

Tony VOTERS consider Featured Tony "Little-cared about"?

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#50re: 'Featured Actress is a little-cared about category' Discussion
Posted: 12/28/06 at 3:37pm

It means the producers thought she'd have a better chance at winning Featured than Leading, americanboy99.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

WellIfYouInsist
#51re: 'Featured Actress is a little-cared about category' Discussion
Posted: 12/28/06 at 3:46pm

Rath's right.

It's kind of like the Miss Saigon year ('91?). Salonga was pretty much unbeatable, that's why Egan was put in featured. Because I feel that if Egan had been in the leading category, the original Martha (whose name escapes me) could have taken featured.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#52re: 'Featured Actress is a little-cared about category' Discussion
Posted: 12/28/06 at 3:50pm

Do you mean Alison Fraser?

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#53re: 'Featured Actress is a little-cared about category' Discussion
Posted: 12/28/06 at 3:50pm

I think that it makes sense that Clara would be placed in the supporting actress category. Look at the show, the story is told from the perspective of the mother, in the long run it is all about the mother dealing with her marriage, her daughter, and letting go. The show belonged to Clark.

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#54'featured actress is a little-cared about category' discussion
Posted: 12/28/06 at 3:51pm

as opposed to the rest of the tonys which are little-cared about by the vast majority of the world? see, it's all relative.

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

WellIfYouInsist
#55re: 'Featured Actress is a little-cared about category' Discussion
Posted: 12/28/06 at 3:52pm

Yeah. I kept wanting to say Allison Fischer, but I knew she was the blonde girl in Lestat who wasn't even nominated.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#56re: 'Featured Actress is a little-cared about category' Discussion
Posted: 12/28/06 at 3:53pm

Yes, papa! Exactly.

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#57re: 'Featured Actress is a little-cared about category' Discussion
Posted: 12/28/06 at 3:57pm

Part of the reason that Kelli was billed at featured was because usually the critiria for leading is being billed above the title. Lincoln Center very very rarely bills anybody above the title. Infact, they had to fight to get Vicki billed above the title. Therefore it would just be too much to bill her above about it too.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#58re: 'Featured Actress is a little-cared about category' Discussion
Posted: 12/28/06 at 3:57pm

Clealy putting little Ms.Eagan in the featured actress category was the right choice, whenever I want to smile I play the clip of her acceptance speech. I was surprised to see they put her in this category but it made sense in terms of Tony politics.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#59re: 'Featured Actress is a little-cared about category' Discussion
Posted: 12/28/06 at 3:58pm

"Part of the reason that Kelli was billed at featured was because usually the critiria for leading is being billed above the title."

No it isn't.

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#60re: 'Featured Actress is a little-cared about category' Discussion
Posted: 12/28/06 at 4:13pm

I think that this is a very important category, some the best role are considered to be featured, an some very talented actresses are cast...

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

Videos