pixeltracker

How long is Fantasia out for?- Page 3

How long is Fantasia out for?

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#50re: How long is Fantasia out for?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 10:02am

I can say I am somewhat of an expert having seen the show prior to Fantasia's casting and during.

Congratulations.

I saw the show three (3) times with LaChanze, two (2) times with Jeannette Bayardelle, and one (1) time with Fantasia (press week).

So guess what? My opinion is just as valid as yours.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

peaceone
#51re: How long is Fantasia out for?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 10:24am

Dream On...some people on this board are a little, how should i word this ...DISTRUBED (lol)

Fantasia is great in the role according to the top Theater critcs also some said if you saw if before you need to go back as Fantasia is that good and my friend that carries alot of weight.

Don't forget to catch Fantasia on MTV Cribs showing off her new mansion!!!

jimnysf
#52re: How long is Fantasia out for?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 10:32am

some people on this board are a little, how should i word this ...DISTRUBED

I agree. The Fantasia fanatics on this board are certainly disturbed!

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

peaceone
#53re: How long is Fantasia out for?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 10:40am

Hmmmmm...i was referring to you jimnysf always up in Fantasia's threads when you don't like her work ethic or her..

And yes i'm a big fan of hers without a question, come join us at her website fan-tasia.net and join in on the fun!

jimnysf
#54re: How long is Fantasia out for?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 10:59am

Hmmmmm...i was referring to you

Funny because I was referring to you and your Fantasia friends.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

peaceone
#55re: How long is Fantasia out for?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 11:05am

jimnysf, love peace and happiness to you and yours...lol

Dream on, we will talk after her MTV Cribs show.

Kev Profile Photo
Kev
#56re: How long is Fantasia out for?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 1:03pm

LOL! I doubt that those "fans" who took a bus 10 hours each way to see her feel the same way. She needs to develop a better work ethic and stick to it!

Fantasia has missed when she's under the weather. She's only human. I think it's unfair to demean her work ethic, when she's made it clear this is a job she's very passionate about.

jimnysf, did you dish out this stuff during LaChanze's run?

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#57re: How long is Fantasia out for?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 1:43pm

Oh Virgo,
You make it so easy.
1. More proper and less convoluted grammar makes you seem more intelligent. Work on it. I suggest a simple grammar book available at your local Barnes and Noble.

2. Foster is a fan of Color Purple and has seen it several times. In addition at least at one time, he constantly played the cast recording, including when I visited him last year. So in conclusion, I actually would trust his opinion of a performance in this show.

3. I can read. I read the argument. You sounded foolish. I commented. Period.

Have a nice day!

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"
Updated On: 8/6/07 at 01:43 PM

dream on
#58re: How long is Fantasia out for?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 3:49pm

So you can respect want a foster or whoever he is opinion and not the dozens of critic's opinions?

Fantasia sings this role magnificently - wannafoster - I dare you to go to any youtube or other link and prove me wrong. There is a lot out there of Fantasia singing other songs otherthan Im Here from the Color Purple. She in no way struggles with any of the songs - that statement is almost laughable to me it is so far offbase.

And Diva - cool it with your assanine remarks - you may think you are funny and the next Steve Martin - but you need to get a job and stop harrassing people.

Its obvious that some of you HATE Fantasia so much that you actually believe what you say. Its very very sad.

Im done for now - but please refrain from bashing me if you can (Hint Diva). Get a life and get a job and stop coming into threads if you don't like the Artist. There are thousands of posts here for you to inject with your so-called humor.

dream on
#59re: How long is Fantasia out for?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 3:55pm

Oh Foster -

I saw the show with Kenita Miller and she was not very good at all.

Dont you realize that this is supposed to be a poor girl from the south singing these songs? Im sure Jeannette's voice is lovely, but it just does not match the role. Her voice was just too poppy and too perfect sounding to be believable.

Now I think Oprah is a huge expert since she was in the original cast and knows Celie very well. She was blown away by what Fantasia did with this role - and to quote Gayle King - she rarely gets blown away by much anymore.

So Im not the only one who appreciates Fantasia's acting and singing abilities. It seems the people who do appreciate it are professional critics, people in the music business and other stars.

And if Virgo is going to be picked on for not seeing the show- than MsDiva needs to shut his mouth also. He hasnt seen it either. Updated On: 8/6/07 at 03:55 PM

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#60re: How long is Fantasia out for?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 5:02pm

Im done for now - but please refrain from bashing me if you can (Hint Diva). Get a life and get a job and stop coming into threads if you don't like the Artist. There are thousands of posts here for you to inject with your so-called humor."

Well, I have plenty of work, thanks, and I can't figure out where I've bashed Fantasia. Thanks for your thoughts, Dream On, but you've proven yourself to be a one trick pony.

I don't care what names you call me. I have never claimed to have seen the show, NEVER, and I have never judged Fantasia's perfomance EVER, but I'd love to know just WHERE I've said ANYTHING negative about Fantasia. It's YOU I find funny in a sad way.

You are getting boring.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Updated On: 8/6/07 at 05:02 PM

#61re: How long is Fantasia out for?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 8:32pm

I saw it with Saycon and I was disappointed...her acting felt forced and her singing was good, but she sing the higher notes strongly....too much soft head voice during the last two songs.

Videos