Next musical to close?

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#50re: Next musical to close?
Posted: 5/14/08 at 2:00pm

79% for a show just open is not good enough to keep it from ending up a flop.

My point is ACA will be the next musical to close.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#51re: Next musical to close?
Posted: 5/14/08 at 2:40pm

I wouldn't bank on CRY BABY winning choreography. IN THE HEIGHTS has that award.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#52re: Next musical to close?
Posted: 5/14/08 at 2:44pm

before the tonys...

A CATERED AFFAIR

after the TONYS till early fall : in this order...

CRY-BABY & PASSING STRANGE -tie

XANADU

and I am just being realistic... this is not the 1st time.. that shows close after the TONYS... a true theater queen knows that! re: Next musical to close?

I think this will limp....but would close later

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN

A year from now... these two shows will still be open:

IN THE HEIGHTS bec. it will win the TONYS for Best Musical
THE LITTLE MERMAID- uh...its Disney! hello!

J*
Updated On: 5/14/08 at 02:44 PM

perfectliar
#53re: Next musical to close?
Posted: 5/14/08 at 2:44pm

I wouldn't bank on Tom Wopat winning either.

joe5 Profile Photo
joe5
#54re: Next musical to close?
Posted: 5/14/08 at 2:55pm

J*, I think ACA is doing OK for now. It could make it to the fall. As well as PS, Xanadu and YF. I don't know if Cry-Baby can afford any PR at this point. And could possibly close after the Tony's. And the winner of Best Muscial this season. Won't make it thru the winter.

Mattbrain
#55re: Next musical to close?
Posted: 5/14/08 at 3:08pm

People actually think In The Heights is gonna close soon? Wasn't Spring Awakening having the same problems more or less before they won the Tony?

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#56re: Next musical to close?
Posted: 5/14/08 at 3:09pm

Could be!

and that's why I dont think the original poster intent was NOT mean at all. Its reality~shows open and close. Its the beauty of Broadway..Its a live show!

Just look at the long running shows that's still playing.. its always from a certain year...its uncommon for two shows from the same year~that's still be playing at the same time.

See the show while you can, its not going to be there forever! re: Next musical to close?

J*

Updated On: 5/14/08 at 03:09 PM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#57re: Next musical to close?
Posted: 5/14/08 at 3:13pm

and I love at least 3 New Musicals this season and I dont want them to close..but its REALITY!

Just see them and cherish it while you can.. take photos...I MEAN : outside the theater with the marquee ...

I still hold these following shows dearly to me, eventhough though they are GONE! re: Next musical to close?

SIDE SHOW
THE LIFE
RAGTIME
PARADE
SPELLING BEE
LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA
GREY GARDENS

J*

Updated On: 5/14/08 at 03:13 PM

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#58re: Next musical to close?
Posted: 5/14/08 at 3:14pm

Whether or not they received nominations, I don't think any of the musicals are going to close before the Tony's.

Mattbrain
#59re: Next musical to close?
Posted: 5/14/08 at 3:21pm

Well, Jaystarr, I know shows close. It's as big an inevitability as death.

But all this stuff about its potential to become the shortest lived Tony winner (which would break Passion's record)...is that true at all?

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#60re: Next musical to close?

and we should be sad and worried IF shows DOES NOT CLOSE!

Can you imagine 6 Andrew Lloyd Webber's shows and 4 Frank Wildhorn's shows still playing???? like CATS, STARLIGHT EXPRESS, JEEVES, ASPECTS OF LOVE, JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR and JEKYLL & HYDE, THE CIVIL WAR, DRACULA, SCARLETT PIMPERNELL version 32 and LES MISERABLES all still playing on Broadway now!!!

that's the END OF BROADWAY.. there!

J*

SirNotAppearing Profile Photo
SirNotAppearing
#61re: Next musical to close?

I could easily see ACA closing a little after the Tonys. Passing Strange and Xanadu won't last much longer unless they win big awards. Young Frankenstein will limp along at least until the original cast leaves.

Mattbrain
#62re: Next musical to close?
Posted: 5/14/08 at 3:30pm

Hey man, don't be knockin' those two composers and Les Miz. They have their fans, me bein' one of them. Not tryin' to be mean or anything, just saying it. That said, don't even joke about Starlight Express still being open.

Mattbrain
#63re: Next musical to close?
Posted: 5/14/08 at 3:30pm

Hey man, don't be knockin' those two composers and Les Miz. They have their fans, me bein' one of them. Not tryin' to be mean or anything, just saying it. That said, don't even joke about Starlight Express still being open.

Videos