Cry-Baby CD

dramadude Profile Photo
dramadude
#50re: Cry-Baby CD
Posted: 6/25/08 at 11:46pm

You guys are ridiculous. There is not a store across from the Eugene O'Neill and there is no official cast recording of Cry-Baby available for sale to the public. Go find some other show to start false rumors about.

jimmycurry01
#51re: Cry-Baby CD
Posted: 6/26/08 at 12:36am

It would make more sense for the producers to get together and take turns throwing a few hundred grand in the toilet and flushing it down.
Broadway actors get paid one full weeks salary to make a cast recording, then you have to pay the musicians, all of the technicians that will actually record it, the rights must be paid for to the appropriate people, and it simply becomes to costly of a venture for a show that already lost all of its money and closed. None of the share holders got to see a dime out of this show, and it did not do well at the box office. I would say it is a pretty good guess that an official cast recording will not be made. At least there is a Demo recording widely available for those who want to remember the show.
At least this way it is less aggravating for the cast than it was for the cast of Lestat. They did actually go in and record an album and thought it would be coming out, and then when the show closed due to its terrible book the label decided not to waste the cash mastering the tracks and pressing the CDs.
Anyway, wish for a recording all you want, but definitely don't hold your breath.

bk
#52re: Cry-Baby CD
Posted: 6/26/08 at 1:40am

Humor challenged youngsters, Mr. Roxy was JOKING. All the stores referenced in his post have been out of business for YEARS.

It's very simple - unless the producers of Cry Baby wish to put up $250-350,000 there will be no cast recording - EVER. It just depends - they've just taken a, what, eight million dollar bath - do they really want to pony up that additional money? Doubtful.

theatre2
#53re: Cry-Baby CD
Posted: 6/26/08 at 3:06pm

they need to do one please do one for the fans and the collectors like me.

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#54re: Cry-Baby CD
Posted: 6/26/08 at 3:10pm

Shut your face Bryan. The producers aren't going to decide to make one because you want one.

Not Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
#55re: Cry-Baby CD
Posted: 6/26/08 at 7:08pm

However, it may get a reference recording from whichever company handles the royalties and such, which will hopefully be MTI.

PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#56re: Cry-Baby CD
Posted: 6/26/08 at 7:14pm

Who is this bryan evetone's talking to?

Videos