News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dramadude

dramadude Profile Photo
Member Name: dramadude
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Back To The Future the Musical - First Preview CANCELLED?!
 Mar 21 2023, 01:40:51 PM

We purchased tickets to see the first preview to BTTF on 6/30, but received an e-mail today stating it was cancelled. Can anyone else confirm? The date is still listed everywhere, but 6/30 is no longer on sale through Telecharge.

Where's the Tony love for Cast Recordings/Albums?
 May 18 2011, 10:18:21 AM
Maybe adding a category for "Best Musical Cast Album" would encourage producers to set aside funds to produce a recording for their show(s). As important as the Grammy Awards are, I can't recall having seen an advertisement outside of a theatre for winning the Grammy, aside from a sticker on the CD case. Who knows, maybe we could have had that cast recording of Cry Baby after all? It was nominated for Best Musical and even though it was losing money, a potential cast recording nomination could h
WONDERLAND Original Broadway Cast Recording now available to order
 May 6 2011, 01:42:31 AM
I think we can all admit that the book (and some of the sets) are a big problem holding this show back, but after seeing it a few times and now listening to the recording as well, I can confidently say that WONDERLAND was unfairly left out of the Tony Awards race. It's unfortunate, because although imperfect, when the show and music works, it can be a very heart-warming, fun piece. The recording isn't necessarily consistent, but it sure makes for one hell of a listen! I truly hope this show beat
Anyone going to see Wonderland this week?
 May 4 2011, 10:57:58 PM
I just came back from the show tonight and as mentioned, April Berry was on for Chloe. It only kind of half worked because her voice was good for a child, but she definitely read older. There was something off with the cast. Jose, Darren and the guys were all really playing it up and Janet was in tears towards the end of the show. Kate was definitely channeling some demons tonight because she looked more crazy and angry than usual as well as some ticks/shaking.

I'm not sure who invite

2011 Tony Award Nomination Discussion thread
 May 3 2011, 09:52:59 AM
When was the last time a show/actor was nominated for Best Musical or Leading Actor after a show had already closed? This would be other than revivals (Pal Joey and Stockard Channing and Martha Plimpton).

In either case, did the actor or musical win?

High Will CLose April 24
 Apr 20 2011, 02:49:56 PM
Jonigkeit definitely deserves a Tony nomination if not the win.
High Reviews
 Apr 19 2011, 09:59:37 PM
I don't know what show these guys saw, but I was impressed and enjoyed it. There were some slow parts and the acting was definitely better than some of the material, but this show deserves much better than these crappy reviews.
equity rules
 Apr 7 2011, 12:51:12 AM
Come Fly Away and Movin' Out were both on AGMA contracts. Equity members can apply for an "educational waiver" if they're in a school or university production. Any child actor under the age of fourteen can go on "juvenile withdrawal" and do non-equity work until they turn fourteen.
 Mar 22 2011, 11:44:28 PM
It's hard to believe that this show has had three out of town tryouts and is still uncertain of itself. It has SO MUCH POTENTIAL that it's almost hard to watch at certain moments. When it works, it really works between the music and staging, but that only accounted for 25% of the show, and I think I'm being generous. Janet Dacal did an alright job for stepping into some bigger shoes as a leading lady. She really hit a home run with "Finding Wonderland", but some of her moments were lacking throu
Spiderman Preview Thread!
 Mar 21 2011, 11:20:27 PM
America Olivo was the understudy for T.V. Carpio. Maybe she was nervous or it was out of her range, but she didn't fare too well when it came to hitting those Alto notes. The shoes number was still in even after I heard from a friend who saw the show that it was cut just two weeks ago.
 Mar 21 2011, 11:13:48 PM
After hearing the concept recording, I'm really looking forward to seeing this tomorrow. I'm sure it needs work, but I'll make sure to post a review after I see it Tuesday night.
Spiderman Preview Thread!
 Mar 18 2011, 11:58:25 AM
I saw the show last night for the first time, center orchestra. TV Carpio was out, both Paige Davis and Rosie O'Donnell were in the audience. Reeve Carney and Jenn Damiano were great! The actors are clearly not the problem with this show. The aerial work was great, with one exception in Act II when MaryJane was dangling from the side of the stage (not the bridge) from what I believe was supposed to be a comic-book rendering of the Green Goblin's arm. A wire was caught in the arm, so the show was
PRISCILLA Marquee
 Jan 24 2011, 09:26:59 PM
I stand by my comment(s). Those of you girls or "divas" who are too insecure to admit that sex sells in the entertainment industry are just that... insecure. That marquee is misleading, although beautiful in many aspects, but nonetheless not the best that could have been done.
Official: Natalie Mendoza quits Spidey
 Jan 23 2011, 10:59:16 AM

Jan 22 2011, 10:37:42 PM

Jan 22 2011, 09:22:44 PM

PRISCILLA Marquee
 Jan 22 2011, 09:18:21 PM
No bus. No shoe. No drag queens.

I saw those girls perform at Broadway On Broadway and they were great, but if the producers were aiming for straight tourists, they should have done something similar to the girls in Rock of Ages or pick skinnier girls. That whole Dreamgirls look is misleading.

Looks like Andrew Jackson will be following the Scottsboro Boys
 Nov 30 2010, 08:07:59 PM
Evidently a cast member at the new Disney Store in Times Square overheard one of the producers for BBAJ mentioning that she received an e-mail this morning with notice that the show more than likely would be closing in January due to poor advance ticket sales. There was an event today at the store for the release of the EPIC MICKEY video game, with celebrities in attendance including Jennifer Grey and Kyle Massey (That's So Raven), so it makes sense that a producer might be there.
Best finds at the Flea Market?
 Sep 27 2010, 11:35:33 AM
MARY POPPINS chimney sweep, autographed by Gavin Lee - $100
(This was sold by a very enthusiastic Michael Banks who exclaimed "WE SOLD IT, WE SOLD IT!")

LA CAGE whip, autographed by "Hanna from Hamburg" - $5

MEMPHIS broken record, autographed by Chad Kimball and Montego Glover - $15

LEND ME A TENOR souvenir program - $1
IRENA'S VOW souvenir program, magnet, keychain - $1
BCEFA logo t-shirt - $5
WHITE CHRISTMAS window card - FREE
LEND ME A

N2n closing?
 Sep 9 2010, 01:35:22 PM
Really?

How about you take the time to buy a full priced ticket to a show and then get back to me.

The mailer is from Telecharge. I got it in the mail two days ago.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You