News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CurtainPullDowner

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
Member Name: CurtainPullDowner
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024 Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album Nominees predictions  Nov 11 2023, 10:05:43 AM

Who votes in this category?

ALMOST FAMOUS On Broadway - P/reviews Thread  Oct 17 2023, 07:48:21 PM

Really?

New Hadestown Casting  Oct 16 2023, 10:20:17 PM

Belen is an extremely talented singer, musician, and Actress, she will be a great addition to the cast! I wonder if she will be an u/s at the Kerr?

Jordan Fisher will be the new Orpheus in HADESTOWN  Oct 10 2023, 11:00:00 AM

I also was really, really hoping for Barasch but I understand the marketing point of view.

Isabelle McCalla to Replace Caroline Innerbichler in SHUCKED, Starting 9/8  Sep 10 2023, 06:06:55 PM

There is one picture of her backstage holding her tummy, which looked like a little baby bump to me.

Charlie Stemp CRAZY FOR YOU West End - P/reviews & Discussion Thread  Jul 9 2023, 10:05:33 PM

No one in the states knew who Tommy Steete was and HALF A SIXPENCE was a big hit on Broadway.

Baker Street  Jul 1 2023, 07:36:31 PM

I saw it as a teen, I vividly remember Inga Swenson, she lit up the stage with everything she did. great costumes, great songs, and great scenery. But my faves were The Baker Street Irregulars, Whenever they popped up The show sparkled, they were very energetic and peppy dancers. Fritz Weaver was a terrific Holmes and the speak/sing voice was perfect for the roll. 

DANCIN’ To Close May 14, 2023  May 2 2023, 10:11:32 PM

It's hard to sell Wayne Cilento directing Bob Fosse's DANCIN'.  Anne Reinking, maybe.  I feel sad for the great Dancers but the really sad thing is we have no choreographers these days with their own style who can create something like this of their own.

What will be the biggest anticipated show of 23-24  Apr 15 2023, 11:46:10 PM

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES. Chenoweth, Schwartz and Arden.

ALMOST FAMOUS On Broadway - P/reviews Thread  Oct 17 2022, 08:42:47 PM

My opinion: If you have read Peter Brooks' book, this is what he would call dead theatre. Just a big nothing, The set is really ugly and the Actors come out sing their songs and leave. I felt for no one, the staging is a mess. Some attractive performers but hope they find better work (soon). The movie was a fantastic musical film, no need to bring it to the stage. 

TOP SHOWS for November?  Sep 16 2022, 06:53:03 PM

A CHRISTMAS CAROL starring Jefferson Mays.

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Jul 10 2022, 09:53:44 PM

Where is Reidel when we need him?  I'm sure he's preparing a column right now.

Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade  May 17 2022, 01:24:13 PM

Arden! Arden! Arden! Yeah!

Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??  May 16 2022, 09:49:10 PM

Beyonce works for me.

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway  Mar 28 2022, 07:44:29 PM

Issac Powell as Lancelot.

BONNIE & CLYDE to transfer to the West End  Jan 18 2022, 07:58:35 PM

Why? This show was terrible.   And "Actors don't like playing small houses" because it means less money.

Too Early Tony Nom Predictions  Jan 3 2022, 01:10:23 PM

When I saw Raul in COMPANY, I thought: Next Stop AA. Someone I would never trust to take my kids to the zoo, they would still be there and Raul would be in the bar at the Plaza.

Too Early Tony Nom Predictions  Dec 28 2021, 08:48:50 PM

I wonder if TROUBLE IN MIND will be considered a revival? It has never been on Broadway and never had a high-profile production.

Leaving Samantha Williams off the featured Actress list is a big mistake, she is giving a memorable performance. I don't see Jenn making it on the list. But a lot can happen in the Spring.

THE MUSIC MAN Previews  Dec 20 2021, 08:07:53 PM

I would certainly vote for CAROLINE over COMPANY for Best Revival.

Is Jeanna De Waal still the favorite to win Tony for best leading actress?  Dec 13 2021, 10:14:30 PM

Those 3 ladies would be my choices,too. Plus,let's see how Sutton Foster does in TMM."

Are they reviving THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE?   

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You